1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Yeah sounds like you're at saturation point! I would have preferred that original icy mocha CXL, but am into the crust as well, esp as I have no other natural leather boots.

2. od1017

od1017 Senior member

I am also in. Forgive me if this has been covered already, but could somebody explaine "nailed down" construction?

3. billymax

billymax Senior member

Hell yeah. I'm in for both of these.. black waxed or oil tan-I don't care.

4. gte872h

gte872h Senior member

Same here guys. I already have a natty cxl, cxl roughout boondocker, and also preordered the unglazed shell.

Kahuna, since you also preordered the unglazed shell, does that mean we'll have to hear your endless complaints about the small blind eyelets? :p

Have a couple pairs of 310s already and love them. In my opinion it's nice to have some variety from all the 2030s we always see with the Milright workboot. Here are a couple of pics I posted earlier this year when I received my aged bark roughouts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. vettemike

vettemike Senior member

Just curious, what size are your 310 aged bark roughouts? Are they a D or E width?

6. Broark

Broark Senior member

Starting to think I could get with the 310 last.
    Reminds me of White's boots toe profile and doesn't look too exaggerated on the foot.

2 people like this.
  7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  8. Rogerdoger

Rogerdoger Active Member

2 people like this.
  9. Broark

Broark Senior member

Saw this too, and it convinced me that the 310 doesn't look so crazy.
    I'd like a commando sole on the Millwright, but it won't deter me from getting a pair.

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

first official wearing of the natty waxed hopper...just need to get used to extra room on the vamp and can see there will be some weird flex points of this leather until it gets broken in...very happy so far
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    6 people like this.
  11. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Anyone have the tumbled brown horsehide service boots? Curious how they look in real life.

12. vettemike

vettemike Senior member

I'm curious about the reindeer service boots. Anyone have those?

13. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

I cant help in terms of first hand experience, but I do like the leather for sure.

14. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

I read that crust cxl is the most natural with no coloring or finishing, so it's less glossy.

15. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Picked up my first pair, roughout leather. What is the consensus of giving them a water repellent treatment? Y'all do that?

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I tend to think rough out CXL is probably fine untreated...however I blasted mine with Nano spray to more help with getting any stains out than worrying about waterproofing.

1 person likes this.
  17. gte872h

gte872h Senior member

Size 9.5. Half size down from my 2030 size. I'm not sure about the width. There isn't a a D label on it like I have on a pair of 10D engineer boots I picked up at the sample sale earlier this year. At the sample sale I also picked up a 310 in #8 cxl. Those do not have a D label on them either, but they feel a little less tight on the instep than my aged bark ROs do, but more or less fit pretty much the same. NYDRH's theory could be correct in that roughouts are maybe lasted a bit tighter vs smooth outs. All that being said I haven't done a side by side with both my 310s since I figure they are both the exact same last. If you need to know the width for sure you could reach out to Drew at Viberg since the aged bark model is still up at .com store.

Kahuna, what is the natty shell you have in the works?

1 person likes this.
  18. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

@gte872h, those aged bark RO on the 310 look great. Where did you pick them up?

19. Rogerdoger

Rogerdoger Active Member

1 person likes this.
  20. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Cmon board @Broark 310 is where it's at!