1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The aged bark is really nice as well - it's got a warmer, deeper feel, imo.

2. vettemike

vettemike Senior member

I could get behind a brown or natural CXL or vintage mocha. Maybe even aged bark or tobacco chamois. But I am curious to see if there are any new leathers Fok can introduce us to that we haven't done before. I think the 310 would be best on a leather that will age well with great character/patina. But it's also about doing something new and interesting, such as nailed down construction and special leathers Viberg doesn't normally use. The 310 last is a gritty work boot last, so I think the leather and construction should reflect that. Just my two cents.

1 person likes this.
  3. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

Definetely, I think for me and my personal preferences, if I had both I'd probably wear the aged bark more. But since I have a 310 in aged bark, I'm momentarily seeing the grass a little greener on big Kahuna's side of the fence. The engineer is such a different beast it won't make a difference to have 2 of the same leather. But, as I'm reaching peak boot capacity I have to scrutinize my choices much more, hence my reluctance to jump on any 310 that has too much overlap.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you pushed through another run of these. Im an engineer convert.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'll see what we can do. Tobacco Chamois is out (that was the reason we needed to get the last Hopper boot makeup changed), and I don't know how much aged bark there is. I will need to talk to Guy, Drew, and Brett, about possible leather choices in the mid to dark brown spectrum for you guys.

2 people like this.
  5. Broark

Broark Senior member

I got my Hopper boots in aged bark in today as well, they're great!
    I went with a 12 (half a size up from my 2045 Boondockers) and the fit feels good in the left foot, but is just a tad big in the right.
    I think it will settle with some wear, maybe I'll throw some insoles in there at some point. The width is perfect though.
    Very happy with how these turned out, thanks Fok for organizing this and they're well worth the wait!
    Can't wait for the next GMTO now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

I got my Hopper boots in aged bark in today as well, they're great!

I went with a 12 (half a size up from my 2045 Boondockers) and the fit feels good in the left foot, but is just a tad big in the right.
    I think it will settle with some wear, maybe I'll throw some insoles in there at some point. The width is perfect though.
    Very happy with how these turned out, thanks Fok for organizing this and they're well worth the wait!
    Can't wait for the next GMTO

Ok, those are badass. As are your photos. Well done.

1 person likes this.
  7. vettemike

vettemike Senior member

For comparison purposes on the 310 last Millwright boot discussion:

1950 service boot 310 last in brown oiled tan with some wear
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1950 service boot 310 last in aged bark
    [​IMG]

plain toe service boot 2030 last in crust CXL
    [​IMG]

plain toe service boot 2030 last in tobacco chamois
    [​IMG]

plain toe 2045 last tumbled horsehide with some wear
    [​IMG]

vintage mocha 2030 last
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vintage mocha 2040 last
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vintage mocha 310 last
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

derby nut brown 310 last
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

brown CXL 310 last
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

No man, stay in! It'll be worth it if it comes through...

Quote:
    As Fok says, the 310 is never going to be the bestselling of Viberg lasts, but it is perhaps the most iconic -- the one that is immediately recognizable as a (kickass) Viberg boot. So I appreciate him being willing to entertain it for this MTO, and I appreciate that he's doing it for us, not for him.

That said Fok, I think it's rare for anyone, not just us 310ers, to sign on to an MTO without knowing what leather the boot will be made on. I mean, for boot freaks like us, that's essential!

We know that they've done stitched down construction with Crust CXL before (and other CXLs) so maybe they will do it for this. And we know that they have in the past done slightly lowered heels on the 310, so maybe they will this time as well. I know it's a pain in the neck to go back and forth between us and Viberg, but if you could find out (a) if Crust CXL is available for stitched-down, and (b) if they will lower the heel slightly, then we are set to vote on the Millwright Boot. If they say not to either of those, then we know we've got to either compromise or let it die. But since this might be the one and only SF 310 MTO, it seems worth pursuing. And if it goes, then we've got an iconic boot in the works!

3 people like this.
  9. kingk

kingk Senior member

Heads up Notre shop has 25% sale and code works on vibergs . "ASALECODE' though only have the suede boots at the moment still good deal for those interested

10. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I agree with both points.

If nothing else a list of available brown leathers we can do sitchdown would be a huge help.

11. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

For anyone who got the chelseas off of Mr. Porter -- they tell you to go true to size. Did they adjust the sizing (Is a US size 9 really a Viberg 8) or are they just wrong? Thanks.

12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Don't have those but TTS Viberg 8 = US9.

13. gte872h

gte872h Senior member

I'd like to say I'm in the US and I've ordered three pairs of Vibergs from Mr. Porter. The US size is the Viberg size.

14. gte872h

gte872h Senior member

Sorry for the double post, but I took my same 2030 size in the Chelsea 2050.

15. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Thanks. Ok, so they're wrong in terms of their TTS advice.

16. gte872h

gte872h Senior member

Yes. It seems to happen with each new release and they'll eventually change it later down the road.

17. onoudidntgf

onoudidntgf Senior member

[COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR][/COLOR]

I bought the Chelseas form them. Take the Viberg size from Mr. Porter. The size 8 on there is a Viberg size 8 which is a US 9.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

Slowly broke these in at home, so they're a bit better now vs. fresh out of the box. Maiden voyage!
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. sask boot

sask boot Senior member

Does anyone remember if Vibergs were excluded from the black friday sale at No Man Walks Alone last year?

20. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Hopper I

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.