1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

CXL is pretty water resistant. It really depends on your preference and the actual level of rain.

In my experience, San Francisco gets some heavy rains, but not really on a regular basis. Most of the time, it's just a steady drizzle. And there is no snow, so no need to worry about things like salt stain.

I "might" spray them with a light water resistant thing, but generally, I do nothing.

2. LA Guy

Oh, and all the invoices for the 50% remainder of the preorder have gone out today. Get them paid, and we'll get your boots out this week! I will try to take a few pics before we do.

Cheers,

Fok.

2 people like this.
  3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

If theres no harm in doing nothing, ill probably stick with that. The only thing I usually spray is my suedes, but leather I dont mind brushing.

4. Broark

Broark Senior member

Done, looking forward to some pictures!

5. ShootThePier

ShootThePier Senior member

2045 Horse Butt day.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

Those are one of my favorites, still hurts a little to look at them knowing they didnt make my size. I'd take those any day over a shell pair.

7. DrapeauNoir

DrapeauNoir Well-Known Member

Would love to use that kind of leather on the "tough" boots in the next GMTO, but I'm guessing it's not readily available?

8. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

That would be my guess. And realistically, even if they had enough for 20 pairs my bet would be the orders would exceed that just based on the leather choice and then it would be impossible to decide allocation which means its best not to create a shitstorm for them and @LA Guy .

But that leather on anything but a 2030, in pretty much any style, Id pay today.

9. LA Guy

I need to talk to Guy about leathers.

On a personal note, if any one wants a pair of Size 9.5 Route 10 chukkas - natural CXL chukkas with ping pong partial structure in stitchdown, NIB, I'm letting go of my pair if anyone is interested. $500 OBO, I've just come to the conclusion that I'll end up wearing my Hoppers instead this fall.

10. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Yeah! Here's another take on the Short Shift...mocha roughout is sweet, but black roughout would be killer too - with a smooth counter like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The top looks narrow enough too that I don't think it will be a problem under jeans. It's probably fairly pliable too. What say you guys? Who else besides me and billymax needs to have a short shift boot in their stable? It's a badass boot! Fok, even you gotta admit it's a different enough candidate, right?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  11. LA Guy

I'll freely admit that this looks cool.

12. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Those are cool, little out there for me with the wedge though. Vibram 430 would be nice.

13. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Interesting idea, as is commando mentioned by @metranger8694. I think the wedge looks cool - not married to it though. We should certainly open it up to all opinions!

14. Broark

Broark Senior member

Those 2045 horse butt boots and the short shifts both look great!
    I'd be interested in a short shift GMTO if it were on the table.
    And a 2045 horse butt too!

15. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Excellent! Fok, what's the timetable on the next GMTO?

16. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

Giants' half time gave me a moment to photographically answer this question for you. Honestly you cant see it, Ive never owned cowboy boots so I cant make a fair comparison. Now if you have skinny jeans Im sure there might be an issue, I couldnt tell you what the threshold would be but I tend to own straight leg jeans that have ~8in openings(measured by the half) and there is no issue whatsoever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Thanks for doing that! No issue at all! I think you could even go 7" easily without issue it seems! Skinny probably won't work, but a slim straight likely would.

1 person likes this.
  18. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

What last would the short shifts be on, 110?

IMO black roughout on 430 or commando would be sweet.

19. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

That short shift is cool as heck but unfortunately not my style.

Black Waxed Flesh leather however is awesome and while I'm sure there were sometime, I can't recall seeing a Viberg with that leather.

20. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

You're welcome. Slim straight should be fine, I think the only way it becomes an issue is with an aggressive taper or "the" skinny jean