1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

hell yeah to nailed down. no to the 310

110 or 2045 for me and my toes.

some bison or roughout

1 person likes this.
  2. Broark

Broark Senior member

This is how I feel. Don't think I can get with the 310.
    Make it in some kind of brown leather with a rugged sole and I'd probably be interested.
    Don't care so much about the other details, I can do cap toe or no cap toe.

3. Rogerdoger

Rogerdoger Active Member

Nailed down is where the heel and vamp are all wrapped around the insole and nailed down, then the mid-sole is applied. Usually its just the heel thats nailed then the vamp (leather) is stitched-down to the midsole.

Nailed down is the traditional work boot method.

1 person likes this.
  4. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Nailed it.

5. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Anyone else interested in these for the rugged category?

Key specs are 110 scout boot with unstructured toe, black roughout on a black gloxi cut sole.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  6. Broark

Broark Senior member

^ Those look more streetwear than rugged to me personally.

7. Therealog

Therealog Member

I haven't seen many suggestions for the Chelsea/Sidezip category, so here's one:

Side-zip Boot
    2050 last
    Natural roughout CXL
    Natural split welt
    Natural leather midsole/Vibram 700 outsole
    Partial structured toe
    Brass zipper (if possible, otherwise nickel)
    6" height (again, if that's a variable we can play with)

Rationale: This is basically a modern cowboy boot for guys who ride motorcycles instead of horses. Three different natural leathers (upper, welt and midsole) will age differently and create beautiful contrast with the brass hardware over time. Roughout/split welt is a more rugged version of the suede/flat welt Viberg seems to favor for the 2050 last; personally I don't think the 2050 is sleek enough for such refined builds and going with a heavier leather and more substantial welt would balance the boot nicely.

For anyone who rides this would be a great alternative to the 2005 Engineer - those are beautiful boots but super rugged for an urban setting. No laces to snag, easier to put on than a pull-on, and more secure than a chelsea that might come flying off under duress.

8. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I just want to check in on the folks interested in a scout book makeup. Can we narrow down some specs and do some kind of rough roll call as to who would be in for that?

9. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Why not do this stitch down? Is that possible on this last? I'd be seriously interested if it would be possible. If it must be GYW then I'll pass.

10. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

I have several of Viberg's "nailed construction" boots...They are extremely sturdy, to put it mildly....Here are my favorites again:

[​IMG]

11. stitchedsoles

stitchedsoles Member

Hey guys I'm new around here to posting but I lurk quite often. I'm active over on /r/goodyearwelt on Reddit and wanted to expand my horizons. Here are my week old color 8s from Blue Button Shop.

[​IMG]

All the GMTO talk has me excited.

1 person likes this.
  12. Therealog

Therealog Member

Double post.

13. Therealog

Therealog Member

If Viberg can do a 2050 boot with stitchdown construction that would be my first choice - I only proposed GYW because so far all the 2050 makeups have been welted and I somehow got the impression it was the only option.

14. Rogerdoger

Rogerdoger Active Member

And your right about that, the Chelsea/2050 last will not be constructed as a stitch-down boot anytime in the near future if at all.

15. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Its easier to post a boot one specific way (as pictured) then to try and cater to everyone's demands. We would get significantly less votes by having a boot with a cap toe, one without, one with brogue-ing, one without, natural cxl, black, etc... you get my point.

If people are willing to back a 310 boot it should happen as the millwright that we have lusted over. If not its just not meant to be.

16. DrapeauNoir

DrapeauNoir Well-Known Member

I might be interested in scout boots, as long as they are stitch down, not black, and not on the 2030.

In a similar vein to the picture posted above, I wouldn't mind some badass looking, dark colored, oiled "chamois" roughout leather.

17. BHK666

BHK666 Senior member

Yeah, I hear ya'. What you described happened a few GMTOs back. I think if there are enough of you who want this boot, then it will happen. But as Fok said, it hasn't been pushed through before. Which is why I asked if things like the 1/8 lowered heel (etc.) were deal breakers.

The nailed down boot sounds pretty killer -- and I'd be more interested in a different build.

Wish you guys luck.

18. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Can I ask how you know this? Are you affiliated with Viberg in anyway?

1 person likes this.
  19. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

While still hoping a 310 survives I would like to make a suggestion, gauge interest in the side zip boot. I saw the suggestion above and while I think it works, I suspect we will see many like it available from a retail store and I want to aim for something a little more unique to having a broader range of options.

I am thinking all black. Black leather NOT CXL(TBD)
    Flat welt - This and the Chelsea are the only style that in my mind look good in GYW(and Im running off the assumption this is the only way it will be done)
    Black midsole
    Black outsole/Vibram 700 or Leather - yes leather, old school

I realize almost everyone wants some kind of brown boot, and there are many options for that, but imagine something non-brown for a moment. Looks good on a motorcycle, appeals to the goth ninja or just a guy on a date in a pair of jeans at dinner. It would have the profile of the black boot below in the picture:

[​IMG]

and Im thinking in a unique leather like horsehide, goatskin or camel. Something that gives it a bit more unusual texture but maintains the sleekness of the boot.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I'm in for a black side zip in horse or something cool. Leather sole all the way.

1 person likes this.