1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Broark

Broark Senior member

The only thing that concerns me about the 310 is the toe turn up.
    It seems more subdued on some pairs and very exaggerated on others.

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Being that I currently own 4 - 110's and 2 - 1035's, I wouldn't mind another 1035 or a 2040.

3sixteen just sold these out and they look pretty nice for an ECHO category boot: Natural CXL Roughout on the 2040 with Vibram mini ripple and stacked midsole. I really like that stacked midsole....

Maybe use a different leather? Or do the off white ECHO like this? Or in a Scout boot?
    [​IMG]

3. ShootThePier

ShootThePier Senior member

Re-heeling is inexpensive. Good point.

4. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

How about an olive bison sleek hunter with contrasting midsole and black min-ripple similar to this?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

RDTs w/ Cats Paws after 25-30 wears; Indy boots standard heel with 10-12 wears:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Graemsay

Graemsay Senior member

From memory, would I be right in thinking that the problem with the Echo boot was the midsole construction?

Wijsman Schoenherstellers posted a couple of things on his Instagram feed that might be possible solutions. This one is described as a home made sole using a Vibram Mini Ripple. It's probably thicker than what was originally intended for the Echo.

[​IMG]

Or you could go full weird in the Vibram catalogue. This is the Tweety sole, again from Wijsman's Instagram. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Vibram Sole Factor Instagram is also a source of inspiration. I don't know what these are, but there might be something that gets the desired look.

[​IMG]

This midsole might be too thick (again), but shows what's possible.

[​IMG]

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The issues was getting the midsole white. Guidi, for example, vat dyes the whole shoe. Viberg had not done that, to date... But... Brett is now thinking of possible solutions.

8. DrapeauNoir

DrapeauNoir Well-Known Member

Would love to see some olive leather. It would fit the rugged boots beautifully.

9. Graemsay

Graemsay Senior member

Thanks Fok. For some reason I thought that the problem with the midsole was structural, not with the colour.

Fingers crossed the Echo Boot gets built, otherwise I'll have to invent a Trench Boot or Hiker build. [​IMG]

10. limonade

limonade Well-Known Member

I'll second a vote for a 1035. Certainly the most comfortable last on my feet, even though some of the 1035 derbies look like loafs of bread...

Can't get behind the 2040 though...something about that heel cup, maybe my heels are just weird but it pinches in at all the wrong places...

11. metranger8694

These are the black horsehide derbies.

Do they look like rye or sourdough. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

man you walk with determination! At a biscuit over 250 pounds none of my Alden heals have worn that quick...then again your 12 wears may be 40 miles and my 50 wears about 5 miles...lol

oops forgot quote...in reference to the cats paw alden heel photo

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

Well they do say larger guys can be surprisingly light on their feet. Or, perhaps it was all those ballet lessons that taught you to walk woth so much grace...

Seriously, though, so much of wear on soles, heels, and the rest of the boot, for that matter, is related more to gait than anything else.

14. limonade

limonade Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go with meatloaf.

15. metranger8694

I love meatloaf!

16. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I am definitely a "heel striker"! Also, I wear them to ride my motorcycle and I may drag a bit in DC traffic.

17. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

For the rugged boot, wondering if they might have a good work boot horsehide available. Just saw a beauty of a pair from Brian the Bootmaker in a good thick HH. (Though I wouldn't want the thinner dress HH that they've sometimes used.)

1 person likes this.
  18. Broark

Broark Senior member

I'd love a pair of brown horse hide rugged Viberg boots.

19. BHK666

BHK666 Senior member

Yeah, seconded. Especially if on 2045 or 1035. Maybe even 110. Not feelin' the 310 or another 2030.

20. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Brown horsehide bobcat on 110/2045 would be awesome.