• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either 9 or 9.5, hard to know for sure..

Hi everybody. I'm new to the site, this is my first post. 

I'm a boot junkie. How do Viberg's fit?

Here are my normal sizes:

Most dress shoes: 10
Red Wing Iron Rangers: 9.5
Chippewa General Service: 9.5
Frye Logan Cap Toe: 9.5
Wolverine 1000 Mile: 9.5
Truman: 10

- Jeremy 

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA:

SF affiliate No Man Walks Alone (paging @gdl203 and/or @conceptual 4est ) is now a Viberg stocklist. inaugural makeup is a killer rough out suede service boot on 1035

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/service-boot-rust-horween-chromexcel-roughout-suede.html

These are beautiful boots but to my (very) untrained eye, the leather seems sort of similar to the Fat Waxed I'll get soon. The color is not exactly the same but the way the nap fades, wears and will age, is there a similarity or redundancy? Or am I way off.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does stampede cxl roughout compare to natural cxl roughout? Similar weight? Color looks more brown maybe.

This would be great since my 2030 boondockers aren't a great fit and are tight in the toe box.

Stampede supposedly has a nubuck finish, but that would be on the inside, which is strange. I guess there would be less foot slip without the click CXL on the inside.

gsgleason

Reaction score
How does stampede cxl roughout compare to natural cxl roughout? Similar weight? Color looks more brown maybe.

This would be great since my 2030 boondockers aren't a great fit and are tight in the toe box.

Stampede supposedly has a nubuck finish, but that would be on the inside, which is strange. I guess there would be less foot slip without the click CXL on the inside.

Thanks! If that's what they look like I'll probably return them, but we'll see.

parallax1

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm new to the site, this is my first post.

I'm a boot junkie. How do Viberg's fit?

Here are my normal sizes:

Most dress shoes: 10
Red Wing Iron Rangers: 9.5
Chippewa General Service: 9.5
Frye Logan Cap Toe: 9.5
Wolverine 1000 Mile: 9.5
Truman: 10

- Jeremy

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

These are beautiful boots but to my (very) untrained eye, the leather seems sort of similar to the Fat Waxed I'll get soon. The color is not exactly the same but the way the nap fades, wears and will age, is there a similarity or redundancy? Or am I way off.

Totally different. NMWA are suede compared to the waxed flesh. The waxed flesh are also significantly darker as seen here. These boots will age very differently from one another

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone order the bison service boots?

billymax

Reaction score
I picked these up from Bureau Belfast. I know most of you boys out here don't like the chunky Vibram look, but I love these on the 110 and they are the most comfortable Vibergs I think I own. Long live the 110 orthopedes. Now all I need is my Half Japanese and I'll be happy for about a week until I need another fix.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads