Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. zola

zola Senior member

I do own both IR ranger and wolverine Addison and will soon get my first viberg shoe with a 2030 last (but the Oxford). I tried the cordovan 2030 service boot in the store and its definitefely a more dressier shoe that goes very well with chinos and a more upscale outfit. There are plenty of pictures on google!
    The wolverine is in between and a shoe that I also love but always wear with jeans (the colour is tan).
    The IR is for going to a concert, bad weather, and is more sturdy. The "balloony" look will fade over time as the front becomes more flat.
    Hope that helps..

2. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

the unstructured toe on some of the 2030's that you have shown are what contribute to the sleeker look, where as the ones with toe reinforment have a little higher profile, that being said I own redwings, and whites and the service boot with the structure toe that i own are much dressier than either of those. Look much closer to a casual/dress boot than to a typical work boot. though they look great with denim too.

3. DesmondD

DesmondD Well-Known Member

Cool - thanks lads, that's exactly the advice I was after.

4. djmatty

djmatty Member

PSA - One size left of Nigel Cabourn x Viberg at Barney's warehouse. Also have the loden green chukka in a couple of odd sizes.

5. jbartusch

jbartusch Member

I've tried a few options...nothing's working. I have to admit I am really disappointed. I gave pretty specific details and foot drawings and these shoes just came out beautiful but big...it's quite a bummer for $700, but I guess that was the risk I was taking...They do look good though. They are making their way to the forums now. Super sad...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jbartusch

jbartusch Member

They are in the forums...

7. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I am curious whether anyone here got a pair of the ready-to-wear black horsehide service boots (2045 last) that were sold off the new website. If so, I'd love to see pics of them in the wild. (Also, if anyone has a pair in 9.5 that they may be interested in selling, I might be interested in buying. They are sold out and not being replenished.)

8. meadowstyle

meadowstyle Active Member

Sorry....incorrect post

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

My MTO boots are now in the mail. Guy documented the entire manufacturing process, and we will be printing it in a three part series. Here are a few teaser shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Gorgeous. Would you mind supplying the specs you asked for?

11. LA Guy

Sure. This is what I specified:

Service boot - 7 eyelets.
    Heather grey roughout with a heather grey (not roughout) heel counter.
    110 Last
    Deconstructed toe/no toebox.
    Brogued captoe
    Double leather midsole (in natural)
    Vibram 2060 beige outsole
    gunmetal eyelets
    Rawhide laces, and I believe that guy was going to send me some waxed "bone" laces as well.

Based on past conversations with Guy and my slight mis-sizing in the 2030 last (well, it turned out, just not the ideal last for me - a little too long, but a little too shallow), a size 9.5UK.

When we start the MTO program, I've been told that the minimum is merely... 4 pairs. That means that you only need to find 3 likeminded people to get a boot made.

Based on what I've seen, I'm thinking of a "dressier" service boot, on the 2030 last, with a dainite sole, and 8+ eyelets, maybe in a burgundy color, or some shell cordovan, if there is enough interest, a chukka or an oxford in roughout in the 110 or 2040 last, and a boondocker. Are there are any more suggestions? I think that the prices would be around $650, maybe slighly less, for the non-cordovan models. Not sure how much the cordovan models would be, but they price would probably be considerably higher, as you might imagine.

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Someone buy boots in a charcoal nubuck with me... like dayton service boots... without the dayton.

For your inspiration...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

To be fair, the distressed W+H ones were way better than the normal Dayton ones.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I know but unobtanium :( You will have to manually distress them.

15. LA Guy