Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. seer

seer Senior member

They are breaking in fine, actually they are broken in - I have worn them a lot. They still look exactly the same, the leather is so thick that it doesn't really crease like my old Aldens or AEs. I have a pair of Service Boots in Red Dog leather ordered - MTO. It will be a while but I will post pictures when I get them. From what I know the Yuketens are a good shoe - I think they are made in Canada too - but I don't know by who.

2. zola

zola Senior member

Quote:I will get my first pair of Viberg Oxfords next week (brown harness leather, cap toe, vibram christy) and am not able to compare Yuketen and Viberg directly yet. But I have 4 pairs of Yuketen that I absolutly love! The quality is great and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. From what I understand they choose from different artisans who produce fore them, mostly in Maine but also in Mexico and newly in Italy, where my brand new Yuketen Sneakers are from (very stylish!!) Let´s see how the Viberg Oxford will be.. Z

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

How does their 2045 Last fit?

Is it typically TTS, and is it safe to assume it would be a full size less than the typical US size?

I wear a size 11 1/2D in most shoes, and a size 11 Alden Barrie, so would I be safe to assume I would wear a size 10 1/2 UK in this Last on their service boot?

4. seer

seer Senior member

I believe you will find that the Vibergs are heavier, more substantial. There will be a little more break in time, but they get supremely comfortable - especially on the Vibram sole.

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Hey guys, a little help on the lasts and sizing. I'm looking at making this oxford as one option for the SF MTO.

[​IMG]

Just have a question between the 2030 and the 110 last. Some pictures.

2030 Last
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

110 Last
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, the 110 is obviously rounder. How would you size these? Is the 2030 last still a "normal width" last or is it long and narrow? Can anyone comment and compare them to...say...the Alden Barrie last? I'm leaning towards the 2030 last, but if its considered long/narrow, then maybe not. Thanks.

6. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

If this is helpful for someone.

I have Viberg 2040 last boots in size 8 and the fit is perfect . I'm size 9D US TTS and wear Alden 9D in Plaza,/8.5D in Barrie lasts.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I think the 2030 is far and away the best looking last Viberg has

8. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

wait until you try 2040.. might not be as sleek as 2030 but it's unreal in terms of comfort and still has nice profile.

9. seer

seer Senior member

I was just talking to Morgan at Viberg about this. The 2030 last has quite a bit less toe room and instep room than the 110 last.I think the over all length is about the same.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

10. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

To me the 2030 last is what distinguishes viberg from say White's and other work boot brands. It has the perfect combination of toughness and quality construction, but at the same time, its sleek and gorgeous just to look at. Personally, I don't think the quality of construction is so much superior that viberg can charge 2-3 times of white's rw etc.

11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

110 last is still great looking and distinct
    [​IMG]

12. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

Is it possible to have 110 last on service boots?

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

You can do a service boot on any last.

14. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

Thanks PhilPsi32. I now wonder how the service boots look like on 110 last as I have wide feet. I assume that they look quite different from ones with 2045 last.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have wide feet too, and I wanted my service boots to look a little chunkier and less sleek than the 2030 last, so they are going to be built on a 110 last. I'll post pictures when they come.

Cheers,

Fok.