• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino19

Reaction score
Can anyone comments whether structured / unstructured toe will affect comfort of the shoe or just the aesthetic? Thanks.

I'm working out my specs for a 145 oxford MTO.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any additional details?

Can anyone comments whether structured / unstructured toe will affect comfort of the shoe or just the aesthetic? Thanks.

I'm working out my specs for a 145 oxford MTO. 

seer

Reaction score
I received my 145's today. Brown oil tan leather on a special order Vibram #1743 Bologna sole. If you look at my avatar I'm standing on my tank from 1972. I know tanks and these shoes are tanks - very manly! A beautiful, rugged well made shoe - they will last a lifetime. I have owned AE, Alden, Trickers, AS, Loake, etc... and these oxfords impress me more than any of them. The construction is flawless - and the customer service from Morgan and the gang was second to none. It took six weeks from order to shipping. Not bad at all, and worth the wait!

Last edited:

meadowstyle

Reaction score
double post, my apologies....damn mouse must be sticking

Last edited:

meadowstyle

Reaction score
Some nice stuff up on the new Viberg websit.....anybody buy anything??

Last edited:

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seer - great looking shoes. Those look pretty rock solid. I like the metal eyelets and the captoe. I am interested in seeing how the leather wears over time.

Enjoy the shoes!

DuckOB

seer

Reaction score
seer - great looking shoes. Those look pretty rock solid. I like the metal eyelets and the captoe. I am interested in seeing how the leather wears over time. Enjoy the shoes! DuckOB

I know something of good leathers - this is top notch; thick, supple. I have no doubt that it will wear well. My next MTO will be rough-out.

gnu

Reaction score
Saw the Walnut Shell Service boots up on the instagram today. So awesome. Hoping they hit a store within internet buying distance.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw the Walnut Shell Service boots up on the instagram today. So awesome. Hoping they hit a store within internet buying distance.
Walnut shell is my favorite.

Do you a link, or a picture you can share?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the boots on their website in US or UK sizes?

The main reason I ask is because the largest size advertised is a size 11.

If in UK, typically are they one full size or a 1/2 down from normal?

Last edited:

Dino19

Reaction score
Are the boots on their website in US or UK sizes?

The main reason I ask is because the largest size advertised is a size 11.

If in UK, typically are they one full size or a 1/2 down from normal?

Viberg is UK sizing by default.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads