1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

My Viberg on 2040 last in size 8UK is perfect fit. I wear Alden Trubalance in size 8.5D (perfect fit). I'm TTS 9D. Thinking of ordering 8.5UK in 2030 last (standard black calf). Any thoughts?

2. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Yes 8.5 is a safe bet if you're an 8 on the 2040, generally I've read that you should go up half a size for the 2030 from your 2040 size.

3. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

thanks, looks like I will try ordering 8.5UK in 2030 last.

4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

gotta ask this again ... which is wider, 2005 or 2040/2045?

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

just to clarify rydenfan ... you are an 8D barrie and went for 7.5uk in 2030? i thought you said you went with your barrie size as in 8UK for 2030.

6. oldlivestale

oldlivestale New Member

When does the pre-order sign up close? I am going to be in Victoria this weekend and would like to visit the factory and discuss sizing and materials with them.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

7.5UK is 8D US so by going with a 7.5UK I went with my Barrie size. I basically went .5 down from my TTS which is 8.5US. I wear a 7.5UK in the Trickers 4497 last and have enough room that I can wear a thin insole to take up the extra room so I went with the same size as that as I know the 2030 is more narrow than the 4497.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You have 10 days as of yesterday. My goal is to send the order in at the end of August. So, you have time to visit the factory and talk about sizing. It's a good opportunity to get sizing down pat, and I would certainly take it. We'll still be here next week!

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

ok i may be just slow today but what Arizor is saying seems to be in conflict with what rydenfan is saying.

it seems like arizor is saying to go with the same numerical number as your alden barrie/trubalance for the 2030 last. so for steel28, he is advised to go with 8.5UK and he is an 8.5D barrie/trubalance

but rydenfan is saying he went for 7.5UK when he is and 8.5US TTS and an 8D barrie. i would think then that rydenfan would need an 8UK based on arizor's advice.

can someone please reconcile this?

10. LA Guy

I can't since I don't know anything about Alden lasts, but Rydenfan also told me that he took a 7.5 UK in the Trickers 4497 last, and that he needed an insole to make those fit. Based on this, I recommended that he go with the 7.5 in the 2030, since they are similar in length and shape, but the 2030 last is more shallow through the midfoot. Note also, please the difference in materials. My scout boots are in a really unyielding nubuck, which is often used in workboots, while my Trickers on the 4497 last are in a much softer suede. Materials can make a difference in the comfort level.

Cheers,

Fok.

11. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Hey Randomkoreandude,

Go for your TTS on the Trubalance, as it is the biggest last. So a 10 in the Trubalance means I should have a 10 in the 2030 last (this sizing was just confirmed by my foot tracing being received by Viberg actually!).

If you're a 10 in the Barrie last (smaller than Trubalance), you can probably go down half a size in Viberg's 2030, as the 2030 is larger than Barrie, and around the same size as Trubalance. Hopefully that's clearer.

12. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

looks like i'll go same as my Barrie/trubalance size.

13. nixda

nixda Senior member

My new customs. Second pair of Vibergs for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. LA Guy

nixda,

Those are cool. What leather is that? Looks superficially like the Cinnamon roughout (though it is not, unless the colors are way off) that we are pre-ordering.

Cheers,

Fok.

15. nixda

nixda Senior member

Same as the boondockers. Natural Aniline Cromexel roughout.

16. nixda

nixda Senior member

Oh an 2040 last. Same as 2045 but slimmer.

17. cj610

cj610 Senior member

Nice boots........They look a bit more substantial/casual than the 2030...........

18. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Hell yes Nixda, gorgeous. I've got a pair of Boondockers on the way, can't wait for them to turn up.

19. nixda

nixda Senior member

They are. More of a military type last. less dressy. more casual.

20. scb

scb Senior member

do people take the same size in the 2045 as the 2040?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013