• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino19

Reaction score
Great info.

I have a pair of oxford in the 2030 last & is wondering if I should switch it to another last for my next MTO. I guess I'll stay with the 2030 last.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great info.

I have a pair of oxford in the 2030 last & is wondering if I should switch it to another last for my next MTO. I guess I'll stay with the 2030 last.

Depends on what kind of look you want. The 110 and 2040 are beefy but can compliment a variety of clothing styles. All depends on what you like. I'm working on a 2030 MTO, but I'd like to do something on the 310.

Emixam

Reaction score

I like those - are they rough-out leather? Do you like that type of leather? They look comfortable.

yes rough out leather. very comfortable and much lighter than my scout boots in CXL ice mocha.

Dino19

Reaction score
Depends on what kind of look you want. The 110 and 2040 are beefy but can compliment a variety of clothing styles. All depends on what you like. I'm working on a 2030 MTO, but I'd like to do something on the 310.
Have you contacted them yet? I dropped 2 emails to them but received nothing yet. Not sure if they are busy or their email is not working.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted them yet? I dropped 2 emails to them but received nothing yet. Not sure if they are busy or their email is not working.

They are crazy busy. It's a small operation considering their popularity. You might try calling maybe middle of this coming week. Patience is best.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's great, thanks!

I can comment in a very general way.  The 110 is quite wide, I mean really wide, in the toe box. Even adjusting for UK sizing, I might still go down a half size.  Hard to say as I didn't have a full range of sizes to try on.  The 2040 also has a wide and round toe box but not as pronounced as the 110.  And I would go 1/2 to 1 full size larger than the 110.  The 2030 is their "sleek" last, long and narrow and a slightly pointier toe.  The 2030 seems to fit TTS (after adjusting for UK sizing i.e. US size minus 1).  There were no 310s near my size to try on, but they should fit comparably to the 2040.  Wish I could be more detailed.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure if you're there they'll take your resole order at the store. Probably not practical for most people.

tnx. yeah, i'm flying to YVR in July, so i might swing by Victoria.
'thought i'd ask around for turn-around & ballpark cost for resole, in advance :)

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tnx. yeah, i'm flying to YVR in July, so i might swing by Victoria.
'thought i'd ask around for turn-around & ballpark cost for resole, in advance
smile.gif

Not sure if you've made the run from Vancouver to Victoria. It's not exactly a quick trip.

jepanic

Reaction score
I made a video featuring the Viberg Blue Oxford from the sample sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads