Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. westie187

westie187 Senior member

[​IMG]

2. meso

meso Senior member

You're not a troll because you have a differing opinion. You're a troll because your range of ill-informed complaints make no sense and you insist on wanting a discussion while making no effort to respond to the points of others.

2-3 days is not a terribly long time to wait for shipping unless you have a medical emergency.
    Carmina boots are dress boots, an entirely different style as Viberg.
    etc., etc.

You must be shitting me. The shoes in question were discolored were left in the sun (not by Viberg, but by the store), hence discoloring. The store accepted the return. Case closed.

And yeah, /r/goodyearwelt is a hivemind if ever there was one.

3. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Interesting how you only post to bash Viberg. While I acknowledge they have issues, I still own 5 pairs and can tell you that they are better constructed than comparable Carmina boots. Although, as pointed out by meso, Carmina makes dress boots.

Maybe it's time for you to get out of mom's basement and enjoy the wide world out there.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  4. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

When I walk into a Burberry store, I get offered water, coffee, etc and their shoes are cheaper than Viberg. Walk into the Viberg store, prepare to be ignored.

They don't realize they're in a certain price bracket and their service needs to reflect that. When I can walk into payless and get better service than Viberg, you know they have their heads up their you know what.

But they don't take criticism well. In some Viberg documentary, a guy critiqued a female boot Brett designed and he ran into the back crying.

5. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

2-3 days shipping is a long wait time, IMO.

Who cares if Carmina makes dress boots? That's the point. I'm discussing finish, not style. Are you saying it's acceptable for workwear boots to have poorer finish? LOL.

Whatever the case with those shoes, it doesn't excuse the representative writing an essay full of excuses and throwing his own business partners under the bus.

6. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Burberry shoes are cheaper than Viberg because they are crap. Talk about poser mentality, pot meet kettle.

Also, Viberg doesn't have a "store" they have a shop where people are busy making shoes and boots. It's not a retail outlet.

"In some Viberg documentary" - Could you be more specific? Maybe post a link? If not, then such documentary is a fiction.

7. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

I'm talking about finish, not whether Viberg feels heavier in the hand cause they use a heavy duty midsole for their stitchdown construction. Carminas are finished and put together much to higher aesthetic degree. In the long run, they are probably more durable as you can probably get more resoles out of a goodyear welted shoe than a shoe with a stitch-down construction. The fact that they are dress boots is irrelevant to the discussion. Remember, we are talking about FINISH.

8. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

Ok. #1) Not all burberry shoes are crap. And even if they are crap, it is irrelevant to my point. They know they're in a certain price bracket and need to provide a certain experience to match.

And yes. It wasn't a documentary, actually. Not sure what to call it. Some type of canadian reality tv show:

The full video of that was posted on reddit if you want to find it and see what I'm talking about.

9. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Reddit is for posers with too much time to waste. But thanks for the link.

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Just curious, anyone have pics of #8 shell with maybe a couple of years of real wear on them? Trying to imagine what those new boots will look like eventually.

11. westie187

westie187 Senior member

[​IMG]

12. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

So we all drink Cool Aid? Two pages ago I posted an "issue" I'm having with one of Viberg's more expensive pairs. I see these things happen as well. It's not grounds for broadly condemning their quality control and attacking their integrity. I have been treated supremely by Viberg as others here who have posted problems or concerns have.

I won't belabor the point about Carmina being dress boots. Show me how well they stand up against the kind of wear you can put your Viberg through. Oh wait, you apparently think boots with any wear make one look like a bum. Why would anyone wear boots like that?

Can you post a selfie of yourself on your best-dressed day? I'll paypal 20 bucks. You can block the face out (plz).

13. DrapeauNoir

DrapeauNoir Well-Known Member

Fellow Viberg-owners, I need your guidance.

My feet are 28 cm / 11" long (EU 42, US 9) and pretty slim. For reference, I've got a pair of Alden shell cordovan boots (Grant last) in size 8.5 that fit perfectly (and even quite snugly). I've also got a pair of CXL Wolverine 1000 Mile in size 8 that run a little big (eg. I can easily wear heavy winter socks with them).

I already own these ridiculously awesome Hiker Boots, in size 8: http://viberg.com/collections/footwear/products/hiker-mocha-oil-tan-roughout
    The fit was very snug at first, especially on my right foot (the biggest of the two) where my big toe was slightly uncomfortably under pressure. After some wear they became much better, probably due to a combination of leather breaking-in and Thinsulate packing, even though I'm still restricted to wearing thin socks (which is perfectly fine, considering the insulation).

I unfortunately couldn't find any information on the 240 last they are built on (it's not even listed on their website). Does anyone here has an idea how this last compared to the others, especially the 2030 with partially structured toe? I would love getting boots like these, but have absolutely no idea what size I might be. 8? 8.5?

14. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

Carmina uses the same shell-cordovan as Viberg (horween). The only difference is style and construction method (goodyear welt). The point I am trying to make is they have a superior finish. The fact that they are dress boots is irrelevant. They don't show puckering on the toe, they don't have loose stitching (like I've seen of all Vibergs in person), and the list goes on.

While this isn't my best dress day today, sure, here's a picture of what I am wearing today: norse projects rain jacket, APC flannel, gap selvedge, trickers x superdenim navy shell cordovan boots:

[​IMG]

$20 via PayPal is unnecessary

15. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior member

No loose stitching on my Vibergs Louie...please try again.

And welcome back, we missed u [​IMG]