Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Thanks for the responses guys.

I placed my order last Sunday evening. Looks like I'll need to exercise a little patience.

2. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

Perhaps it's been shipped already. If you have an account, you can log in and check your order status.

3. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Yup, I checked already and it's listed as unfulfilled. If I don't hear anything in a day or so I'll send them an e-mail to follow up.

4. westie187

westie187 Senior member

I'm sure they're backed up for the holidays...

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Email Morgan. He is awesome

7. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

It seems like based on what I read across from different people that have bought directly from Viberg is that it takes 2-3 days for them to ship out your shoe.

I think that's a long wait considering it's doubtful they sell more than 5 or 6 shoes a day but Viberg has never been known for their customer service with long email reply times. They aren't necessarily known for their quality control either. On their latest no 8 cordovan shoe, there appears to be puckering around the toe http://instagram.com/p/wsF-dlLpsA/?modal=true which is embarrassing for a $1100 boot, but I'm sure Viberg thinks it's fine and would disagree as it seems they have different ideas of what is an acceptable finish on their shoe.

One of their representatives posted a long rant here a few weeks ago that came across as very immature, trying to paint themselves as a victim of their own labor just because some guy embarrassingly got mismatched colored shoes from them. He should have just apologized and said that they would deal with the customer to give him a solution he is satisfied with and that they would continue to try and improve their quality control without having to act like the process of their quality control is such a torturous process and that we should feel sorry for them. He even threw their stocklists under the bus saying some of the issues with their shoes are cause of them leaving "their shoes on display in the sun." True or not, that is immature and unprofessional to do publicly and they should instead work to minimize that with the retailers directly. If I was doing business with Viberg as a retailer, a statement like that would certainly upset me.

To their credit they use a highly robust construction method and use high quality materials. The only problem with them is their lack of consideration for a high quality finish/quality control, questionable clicking, and customer service. Despite their issues, they still produce a high quality boot, they just need to improve especially at the price point. I think if you want to buy a Viberg boot, it's better to buy through one of their retailers so if you have any problems the retailer can just refund you or directly work with Viberg to get you a replacement as quickly as possible as Viberg is understaffed for their online retail presence in dealing with customers.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  8. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Can we ban the trolls?
    Do you own a Viberg boot?

The "representative" you refer is on the floor of the factory everyday and is extremely knowledge about their entire process from start to finish. I've purchased several pairs of their boots and he is always on the ball with any questions, problems, concerns. Why not keep your dilettante critical analyses to yourself? Moreover, you make remarks that betray your own lack of knowledge of what the company is doing and what it's about and then backpedal by dishing out compliments with caveats? Also, everything you posit here about Viberg's customer service is pure conjecture.

Show me a picture of your perfect boot the quality of which is matched by its price point.

9. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

I take offense to you calling me a troll just for have a dissenting opinion. If you want to turn styleforum into some kind of groupthink hive mind, be my guest. Quite frankly your response to me is reminiscent of a football fan having an extreme homerist attitude doing whatever to defend his team without looking at them with a critical, balanced eye.

Quite frankly nothing you've said is actually addressing my post. Whether or not he knows their process from start to finish has nothing to do with his rant on here being unprofessional and immature. He even threw his own stocklists under the bus in order to make Viberg look better. I know exactly who he is. He used to work for four horsemen I believe before moving on to Viberg (i believe). Trust me, I know him.

Lack of knowledge of what the company is doing? What? Lol. Nothing I'm saying is conjecture. Numerous people in this thread and on general discussions of goodyear welt have complained of long email wait times and quality control issues. I've actually dealt with Viberg directly before and have even complained about long response times in this thread before.

And yes, I've owned a Viberg boot or two before.

For a lower price point, you can get a superior shell cordovan boot from Carmina with superior QC and finish for the same price as Viberg CXL.

At nearly half the price, you can get this from Carmina

[​IMG]

Compare that to the number 8 boot Viberg just posted on instagram. The quality control and finish of the shell cordovan Carmina's above are miles ahead of Viberg and at nearly half the price of shell from Viberg.

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Morgan is gone , alas ..

11. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

He no longer works there.

12. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

I posted here a while ago about my brother's experience at the Viberg store - http://www.styleforum.net/t/224463/viberg-boots/8200_100#post_7461153. Based on the replies here, he PM'd Guy about setting up a time to view/try on/size some boots in person, NO reply whatsoever, which was interesting given that Guy has been a nice guy in the past (he used to work at fourhorsemen).

That's not very good customer service, especially to the local community where I support the "shop local" initiative.

Some of the QA issues I've seen posted here recently is surprising. How can a boot/shoe at the price point have these types of issues and flaws? they shouldn't even be leaving the factory, it is unacceptable. I'm sure the quality and longevity is there, but even cheap ass $100-$200 footwear is finished without these flaws.

13. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

Thanks for spreading the truth. It appears the person in question you are talking about is more concerned with looking/posing in the mirror, admiring his long, thin wimpy hair so that he can show it off on his instagram, hoping to leave his followers with the impression of him being cool and edgy.

And regarding your previous post of your brother's experience, it appears Brett and Glen saw your brother and ignored him. Certainly if that was my business, I would notice him not being helped and take the steps necessary to get one of the employees to help him out and personally apologize if he waited too long. Pretty ridiculous they just ignored him, IMO. The problem is I think they are drinking their own kool-aid.

14. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Did everyone meet the new Louie?
    [​IMG]

15. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

[​IMG]