Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Killin' me..

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Picked up a pair of Brown cxl captoes on 2030 last off the bay last night in size 11.5 as I wanted to see the fit compared to the size 12 I have. The size 12 fits well but a touch lose in heel so I am curious to see what the 11.5 feels like.

3. dbacr

dbacr Active Member

12 fits me perfect. Hint, Hint

4. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I think it really depends on your foot - and specifically, toe - length. I take a 10.5 in most Viberg lasts and I have long feet, long toes, and a narrow heel. I've tried to go down a half size to 10 but every time it totally crunches my toes and throws off my step. The heel to ball space isn't adequate, and I end up in pain.

With that said, I suppose you could get away with it because the CXL is so soft and doesn't have a structured toe. I simply accept that I need a 10.5 in length and despite always having some extra room in the heel as you say, I know it's the only size I can wear (as others mention over and over - thick socks!). I technically have too narrow of a foot for Viberg last widths, but that is not going to stop me...

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Really like this boot ....if it were offered in the Mocha Roughout and brown leather I would be searching the cushions for coins to buy it..

[​IMG]

7. Hill

Hill Senior member

Love that boot as well. Naive question but is it available?

8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I like the looks of them in the picture but I just can't get myself to buy "two-tone" shoes/boots.

10. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I have the first edition of this boot and wear it a lot in inclement weather. Great barrier against the elements and toasty warm. Maybe that's my socks...

11. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

That Raw Cord sole looks great. I would love to know where to get those for re-soling.

12. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I have a question for those of you with double leather soled Vibergs: are you timid of wet sidewalks? I've been wearing a pair in some light rain, but this of course is enough to get the soles wet. I always let them dry a full day before wearing again, but I'm wondering if anyone does things like applies venetian cream to the soles to condition them? Or is that just silly? I think I've seen it done before on leather shoe care guides.

I don't baby my Vibergs, leather soles notwithstanding. I avoid torrential downpours, but I'm not going to skip out on wearing them just because the sidewalks are wet. I live in the Northeast so ce la vie.

13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

on my leather soled shoes that get abused I use a coating of Leather Honey once a year...twice if the shoe/boot is getting tons of wear...anything more than that then you run the risk of softening the sole too much which can lead to rapid wear...

I have zero scientific facts to support any of this but it is what I do.

14. Hill

Hill Senior member

15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I use Montana Pitch Blend (2 coats) then 2-3 coats of Nano Spray. Have only done on one pair of boots.