• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finn666

Reaction score
Exciting news. May I suggest not posting a list without images first? No teaser this way but it would be more fair to people who would only call dibs on things that they are committed to purchasing. It might make things easier for you too (fewer people would back out). Just my 2 cents
not hating but why should they change a thing in the last round of sales, when all the other 4 rounds of sales went that way?
they´ve sold almost all their boots that way and i really don´t see a cause why they should change it now...doesn´t make any sense, sry!

also this runs after a first come first serve base, so if they would put up the description + all of the pics of the boots that are for sale, then there´s going to be mayhem...they´d need to finish all of the text, upload every single pic and include those in said text and only after that, things can get published...in several posts i´d guess and not just in one! ****´s going to be hectic...

when posting the list first, Guy can take his time with posting all of the pics afterwards, cuz then all the informations are already given and he doesn´t need to hurry so that people can view the pics...

so if you know a bit about viberg, then you already know what you´re going to like and what not before the pics pop up...it´s actually pretty simple, you just need to be hella fast though!
wink.gif

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not hating but why should they change a thing in the last round of sales, when all the other 4 rounds of sales went that way?
they´ve sold almost all their boots that way and i really don´t see a cause why they should change it now...doesn´t make any sense, sry!

also this runs after a first come first serve base, so if they would put up the description + all of the pics of the boots that are for sale, then there´s going to be mayhem...they´d need to finish all of the text, upload every single pic and include those in said text and only after that, things can get published...in several posts i´d guess and not just in one! ****´s going to be hectic...

when posting the list first, Guy can take his time with posting all of the pics afterwards, cuz then all the informations are already given and he doesn´t need to hurry so that people can view the pics...

so if you know a bit about viberg, then you already know what you´re going to like and what not before the pics pop up...it´s actually pretty simple, you just need to be hella fast though! ;)

Like said, its just my 2 cents. But your points are flawed.

Firstly, when a company is holding a sample sale I hope they are not only aiming to liquidate goods, instead, they are building a relationship with customers as well. In this case, first come first served is the fair thing to do. I was just suggesting them keeping it true to its spirit instead of putting people who honour their words and would only call dibs on things that they would purchase afterwards in all circumstances at disadvantage. It sounds fair that people who are willing to take the risk of buying sth without images and people who are very experienced with viberg boots that they know 100% what they are getting without images should be rewarded with the privilege to buy them before others. But the sad truth is many people just call dibs and back out if things turn out not what they want. Really, people were able to tell sample colours that were not seen on the market before? At least i doubt it.

Secondly, I believe guy used to post all the images that were taken before the sale no matter if the boots were spoken for not.

I dont see how much a difference effort-wise it is to include the list at the end. It would only help to make the sale more smooth imo. But you may see it differently.

Last edited:

sleepy94

Reaction score
People who follow viberg know what each boot looks like. I don't need a picture to tell me what each boot is. I saw the description for the service boot in my size and went for it (and won them btw). I don't need a picture to tell me what a service boot on the 2030 last looks like. If you do then a simple google search will show you plenty of pictures. This thread is already filled with plenty of pictures of the various lasts and various shapes. Do your homeork, use google image search and be ready. A black boot looks like a black boot, a brown looks brown etc. These are Viberg boots at a great price delivered within a week. If you need something specific and a clear understanding of what you want then contact Viberg, work with their excellent customer service people, pay them and wait. it's your choice.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if he's selling out everything in minutes, why would he need to do anything differently?

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People who follow viberg know what each boot looks like. I don't need a picture to tell me what each boot is. I saw the description for the service boot in my size and went for it (and won them btw). I don't need a picture to tell me what a service boot on the 2030 last looks like. If you do then a simple google search will show you plenty of pictures. This thread is already filled with plenty of pictures of the various lasts and various shapes. Do your homeork, use google image search and be ready. A black boot looks like a black boot, a brown looks brown etc. These are Viberg boots at a great price delivered within a week. If you need something specific and a clear understanding of what you want then contact Viberg, work with their excellent customer service people, pay them and wait. it's your choice.

I didn't know they were holding this sample sale as a guessing your boots knowledge contest.

It really depends on how many people who called dibs on the boots before images were posted were like you, or like these who were prepared to back out if things went south. Guy has first hand information on that, I don’t.

Last edited:

Finn666

Reaction score
... But the sad truth is many people just call dibs and back out if things turn out not what they want.
actually this isn´t right, well not to 100%...
let´s say i´d pm Guy/Viberg about a boot after just reading the description (no images seen!). then, a few minutes after i´ve fired my emails the pics pop up.
Guy pm´s me and tells me that i´m first in line. after checking the pic, i´m gonna tell guy that i don´t like/want the boot and that´s it...and trust me when i say that there are at least 10+ guys waiting in line for said boot.
so there´s gonna be at least one or two guys that have writen their pm AFTER checking out the pics...so if all the guys in front of those two pass the boots along cuz they don´t like what they see, then the guy that pm´d Guy after seeing the pics gets what he wants...to 100%
wink.gif

Secondly, I believe guy used to post all the images that were taken before the sale no matter if the boots were spoken for not.
I dont see how much a difference effort-wise it is to include the list at the end. It would only help to make the sale more smooth imo. But you may see it differently.

nope, first the list, then the pics...images take way longer to post on sf as on any other forum, so text is first in line!
and actually all of this doesn´t really matters at all...this should be the last round of sales for a long long time so what the f...!

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

exactly...

if he's selling out everything in minutes, why would he need to do anything differently?

he could most likely mark up the service boots by 20% and still sell them fast. Why wouldn't he do it?

Its not all about sales and cashing in for a company when it comes to promotions like this, IMHO.

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

let´s say i´d pm Guy/Viberg about a boot after just reading the description (no images seen!). then, a few minutes after i´ve fired my emails the pics pop up.
Guy pm´s me and tells me that i´m first in line. after checking the pic, i´m gonna tell guy that i don´t like/want the boot and that´s it...and trust me when i say that there are at least 10+ guys waiting in line for said boot.
so there´s gonna be at least one or two guys that have writen their pm AFTER checking out the pics...so if all the guys in front of those two pass the boots along cuz they don´t like what they see, then the guy that pm´d Guy after seeing the pics gets what he wants...to 100% ;)

nope, first the list, then the pics...images take way longer to post on sf as on any other forum, so text is first in line!
and actually all of this doesn´t really matters at all...this should be the last round of sales for a long long time so what the f...!

This is the scenario that I dont think is fair to other interested parties. You would take the boots after seeing the photos if you like them, but you shouldn't not be given the privilege to buy them first in this case since you were not 100% committed.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a sample sale... be happy you aren't climbing over hordes of people clutching as many pairs as they can hold at once in person.

who8mahrice

Reaction score

so there´s gonna be at least one or two guys that have writen their pm AFTER checking out the pics...so if all the guys in front of those two pass the boots along cuz they don´t like what they see, then the guy that pm´d Guy after seeing the pics gets what he wants...to 100% ;)

that's pretty much what he said....you're just confirming it. the issue at hand is not whether or not the boots get sold, that's obviously not a question. the issue is that some people don't feel it's right to "commit"/call for a pair of boots without being fully committed to actually buying that pair of boots. in the buy/sell forums, there is the rule of whoever pays first gets the actual item...you can't really "call dibs" on an item unless the seller allows it. so the people who follow the normal buy/sell rules get shafted when it comes to this sample sale. in effect - "nice guys finish last".

Finn666

Reaction score
This is the scenario that I dont think is fair to other interested parties. You would take the boots after seeing the photos if you like them, but you shouldn't not be given the privilege to buy them first in this case since you were not 100% committed.
a 100% commitment makes no sense imo...they´re getting sold no matter what! if i don´t take´em somebody else is going to take´em.
this is a win/win situation for viberg. they only need to care about where to ship the boots and that´s it imo!

i think it´s enough talk now...some guys need to light up the thread with their last rounds sample sale purchases!!!
we´ve seen way to less pics of those sample boots that got spread all over the world! man up and post some pics EVERYBODY!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads