Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. meso

meso Senior member

There it is. Thanks Guy.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Guy,

Thanks so much for chiming here!! Much appreciated

3. westie187

westie187 Senior member

..and that's why I buy Viberg boots. Thank you, Guy.

4. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

5. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

What some of you dont realize is that criticism isnt the problem. But it is the lack of respect and rude overtones that elicit the response you get. Especially from those who barely have any experience with the company. If you stick to the facts, no one is going to berate you for relating your experience. If you start hurling insults, you are going to get beat down just as bad as you are going to be hurling them.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  6. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

internet beat down!!

i love it!

7. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Senior member

Got an extremely thorough response from Guy via email addressing all the issues I posted and am very satisfied with the outcome. I've never owned a pair of Vibergs before this and didn't realize how small of a company they are. I read through the posts on here after posting and didn’t realize how hardcore some people are and I just wanted a quick opinion..not to start a shit-storm. I figured it would take days or weeks to hear back and I didn't want to void the ability to return them by wearing them to work today, so I quickly threw the pics up on here. Consider this issue squashed and I'm planning on getting another pair of boondockers. I love when a company stands behind their product and takes the time to listen and respond to each issue.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  8. meso

meso Senior member

No just adults talking.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

No no no. It can't be! The sky is falling the sky is falling. People on this thread without any knowledge said so...

Thrilled to hear it worked out and you are pleased with the outcome.

10. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Goes both ways. Some defending Viberg have gotten quite insulting.

11. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Seriously, move on. You're just shitting up the thread at this point. The issue has been addressed.

12. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Throughout this whole dialog, I never once questioned my desire to continue purchasing Viberg boots. Not once.

Well said, Guy.

13. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I'm happy Guy gave a response. All I can add is that Guy was extremely attentive and helpful to me as the Smoke Reverse Kudu boots I just received were my first Vibergs. His sizing advice was right and I've been wearing the boots for the last 2 days and I am extremely pleased. After reading some of the issues here I went over the boots with a fine tooth comb and they were perfect. Thank you Viberg.

14. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

I've owned a made-to-order textile-based company for five years now, single-handedly started by me and now available in 52 countries via a well-known link at the top of Google search results and Amazon. So yeah, I know about manufacturing, and marketing and customer service as well as web design, accounting and other odds and ends that come from dominating a niche market. I also knowingly admit to selling shit products now and then under the idea that "hey, some people might find these shitty, some might not. If they contact me I'll promptly refund them and let them keep the merchandise" since my margins were so high. Quality issues do happen with many companies, do doubt. But when discussing $700+ niche, family-owned merchandise, no it shouldn't — ever.

You're simply an apologist and coming off like a shill. Who gives a shit about knowing what Viberg's specific "defect rate" is? One is unfortunate; but we've heard of several here time and time again.

Your logic falls in the "well, as long as someone apologizes, what came before doesn't matter. So move on..." when it comes to customer service after the fact. It presents the act of buying for the customer as a gamble. And frankly, that's stupid.

What I'm expounding is valid, you dimwit. The resolution has nothing to do with it. I admit to doing it myself. I don't need apologists rushing to defend me. Most people are happy with my products; now and then I'm sure they're not — and my Amazon reviews reflect that. I've personally emailed anyone not satisfied and promptly addressed their concerns — thousands of sales into this and I still personally do it. And as I said before, I'm sure VIberg will appropriately address any concerns raised. But that doesn't mean it's still unfortunate that a customer has to run through these hoops due to shoddy QC or dismissive business practices.

15. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Obviously, everyone has a right to think and say what he feels. And certainly it is understandable how upsetting it can be when purchases like this happens. But there are consequences, good or bad depending on how its handled. The last couple of pages have been a prime example. Personally, I think its just good practice to be mindful of whats put out there. You are doing it in a public forum and I think it hurts much more this way. Especially when the company is small and family owned. There are real people behind the products as well as people who genuinely care about them and for good reason.