Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Completely unacceptable. The increasing frequency of poor QC is disconcerting.

2. rex555

rex555 Well-Known Member

Oh really. Of all the boots sold and all the complaints heard here, this is really disconcerting? Really tough crowd to please. Just saying

3. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Quote:
    I'm just going to re-iterate what skeptical jesus has already said about the blue/purple pair that was posted recently.

These kinds of errors go beyond someone complaining about loose grain creasing on a CXL boot. That nail in the heel is obviously messed up. Those black stains on the heels don't belong on a new boot. Even a 5 year old child could point out these mistakes. So whoever is QCing these boots is either grossly incompetent, or decided that these boots were "good enough" to be sold for $700. Both scenarios are what I would consider disconcerting.

4. skeptical jesus

skeptical jesus Senior member

5. meso

meso Senior member

Return em. next

6. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Senior member

After years of lusting over Vibergs, I'm pretty damn disappointed!
    I sent Mr. Porter & Viberg an email. In my opinion, both parties dropped the ball sending me these. I understand that these are handmade, but I've got 5 pairs of Red Wings, 3 Aldens, and 1 AE and have never seen anything even remotely close to this. Hell, one of the Red Wings are 1907 factory 2nds thats only defect is a mild creasing on the moc toe! There are pencil lines like the one I photo'd all over both boots like it was a mad dash to get them out and I'm concerned they were lap-over reference points that were missed when sewing. Dropping this amount of $ I was expecting to be in awe....though I do still love the design and would love to find something similar if anyone has suggestions

7. titsmcgee852

titsmcgee852 Senior member

For $700+? Hardly

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mistakes occur in every facet and industry of manufacturing. It's how these issues are dealt with that set the great companies apart. I would suggest we see the resolution before jumping to any mass conclusions

9. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

I don't think there is any doubt that Viberg will make things right. I think the point skeptical jesus and I are trying to make is that even the most basic of QC inspections should have prevented his pair from ever leaving the factory in the first place and save the buyer this disappointment and frankly unnecessary hassle of getting an exchange/refund.

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

As rydenfan mentioned how they handle it determines a lot. If they are so overwhelmed that customer service turns bad too, then you have a problem...I buy a lot of AE and believe me I know what quality control issues can be, however AE bends over backwards to make things right and gives us perks like waived gmto fees and reasonable mto fees.

Nothing replaces the disappointment of getting your first pair damaged but great customer service will make it right and keep you as a customer.

I have worked in QC and full filment in the past and things get bye sometimes...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  11. meso

meso Senior member

If you're emotionally scarred by returning a pair of boots this may not be the hobby for you.

12. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Really, personal attacks now?

I like Viberg as much as the next guy, but they are not above reproach. Bigger picture, I'm concerned that Viberg's rapidly growing list of stockists is putting a strain on production and is ultimately affecting the overall quality that we've come to expect from them.

13. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I totally agree. The newer derby shoes are nice, but I really like the older work oxfords and wish they would make more available, especially with more standard soles. Like this one (110 last, structured toe, vibram half sole, contrasting eyelets -- perfect).

[​IMG]

14. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

linafelt. That's a nice shoe. Would you wear that strictly with jeans and chinos or could you wear them with dress pants. Thx.

15. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I love it when a brand becomes so beyond reproach to the Borg that basic quality control issues get nothing more than a shrug.