Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. farryharrison

farryharrison Member

soles are kinda weird lol

2. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Well the point of the pictures is to show how color 8 looks in real life and under normal lighting. The current run definitely leans toward red. Your looking for something closer to the Alden color 8, which doesn't currently have a Viberg equivalent. The brown cxl is a solid brown.

3. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Senior member

[​IMG]

My bown wax flesh styleforum makeup service boots after 1 season :)

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I like it. You are like me. You don't mess around.

Cheers,

Fok.

5. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

Looks great, definitely get a new top lift though otherwise you will need an entire re-heel.

6. Heymanniceshot

You mean that corner that I'm shaving off with my walk? Ok so I should be concerned about that? It's just a bad habit for sliding my foot when I walk sometimes, I didn't think it would eat through the entire heal...it looks worse in the pics. How would I fix that?

7. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I like the Vibram 269s on my White's.

8. meso

meso Senior member

Yup, you have a bad heel drag. Have the rubber part of the heel replaced before it damages the leather sole.

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Wow, I thought I had some pretty good wear on mine but you've got me beat by far. Those look awesome! How often are you wearing them?

10. Heymanniceshot

Thanks! I walk around the city lots...maybe 2.5 - 3 miles a day? Traveled Italy last month. probably did 8 miles a day there ...I've been wearing them daily since Fok shipped them out, but I'm putting them away for the winter since it's pretty harsh with the -40 degree Celsius and all the salt (does that cause dmg?). I got some other beat-em-up winter boots.

11. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Senior member

Is there anyway to get a pair off the Mr. Porter UK site at the same pricepoint they sell for in the US? The quid to $ exchange rate is awful and boots that they sell here in the US for $690 go for $940 shipped to the US from the UK.

12. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Yeah, you've worn them much more than I have and they sure look awesome. And yes, salt and any other grime, chemicals, etc. can do a number on your boots.

However, I would take care of the toplift as another poster mentioned. If you haven't gone through the rubber to the leather, it should be easy and inexpensive to replace the toplift. Otherwise, you'll have to have the stacked leather portion replaced as well. And it likely won't be any where as good a quality leather as what Viberg has used.

13. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

A style question, gentleman: So I wear my black 3Sixteen Stealths a lot with black and grey jeans. Not wanting to be too emo/rockstar and layering black on black on black all the time, I've gotten myself a natural CXL belt. Am I ok in thinking the natural midsole of the black Vibergs is enough to carry the natural color belt when wearing black jeans? Normally you'd match your belt and shoes, but I'm hoping to avoid the black boots/black jeans/black belt/black jacket look and use the natural CXL belt to break up the monotony of it all.

14. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Matching imo is unneccessary as long as you like the way everything fits together.

15. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I am not much of a fashion guy, but I do think the natural belt would pick up the natural midsole nicely...

Now, slightly off topic question: Can you recommend a good place to get a natural or brown(ish) CXL belt?