Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jdeb

jdeb New Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014

2. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Fok,

Thanks for your continued efforts with the MTOs. It's very much appreciated!

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You're very welcome. Automatic for the People.

4. yozhik

yozhik Member

I got my first pair of Vibergs from BCC a few weeks back. They're the guidi olive calf. Is this kind of creasing normal, or is this loose grain leather? I conditioned them with sapir renovateur before wear.

[​IMG]

5. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

I have the same boots and worn mine a few times. Mine not have creasing like that. Did you size them properly?

6. yozhik

yozhik Member

Yeah, the sizing is spot on.

7. 45bur

45bur Senior member

@yozhik based on the creasing, they look too long/big for your feet

8. AJL

AJL Senior member

xposted from GMTO thread:

So I'd been interested in the Viberg service boot for a little while, and now see this one is (re)available for pre-order. Could use some help on sizing, trouble is I can't provide any of the typical references for comparison. 7.5 in most US, 7E in most UK--Ed Green, Lobb and C&J-- lasts, Vass 40.5 in F last. I have a low volume foot, though fairly wide forefoot. Suggestions?

9. Exdeath

Exdeath Senior member

The guidi calf creases quite a lot. I think it's just the character of the leather - it's supposed to look more distressed and patina-y.

10. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I don't think I've ever seen loose-grain creasing on calf in the same way I've seen it with cowhide. Maybe it could be due to the denser fiber structure of calf, or maybe the bootmakers doing calf put more of an effort into clicking than the relatively lower-end makers doing cowhide that presents the issue.

Anyway, the creasing itself looks fine. Guidi's leather is most often used in a setting where it's distressed (see their own shoe offerings). In this case, there's a lot of it creasing, and it looks like those shoes don't really fit. Do you have a lot of extra volume in the shoe?

11. yozhik

yozhik Member

There's not much room in the shoe. The last is already fairly slim, and if I wear my standard boot socks, it's quite snug for me. Right now I'm wearing thinner socks, and the fit feels more like a bulky dress shoe than a boot. It's also happening more on the left boot, and my left foot is actually slightly bigger.

The creasing happened to the leather the first time I put on the boot and took the first step. It's not the result of prolonged wear.

Since none of my other leather shoes ever did this, I thought I would ask.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

12. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I had this boots for a while a half size too small (alas, despite going through a lot of pain and conflicting advice, I learned the hard way that one needs to know his size and stick to it). Mine had this type of creasing almost out of the box. It's the nature of the guidi leathers I think. I wonder if it has to do with the tanning process or simply the type of grain they source. On actual guidi boots (check out Mr Porter or Far Fetch to see some) you see this type of thing all the time. It's just the nature of the beast/horse/calf.

13. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Smoke kudu looking fresh on a fall day..

[​IMG]

14. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Wondering if the boots would look better once he gets more wear on them and he leather starts to crease on a macro level.

15. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I would probably try a 7D in Viberg, though of course as many of us learn the hard way sizing is tricky and can vary greatly from person to person...