Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

My bad guys. Not trying to derail the thread with my comment...just was making a general observation about shoe trees and boots. Brand doesn't have anything to do with it.

My natural CXL boots (brand name omitted [​IMG]) crease just behind the captoe...which is where most people's boots/shoes crease when walking. I find that my shoe trees barely touch the leather at that point as the vamp is beginning to slope up every so slightly. Horizontally, the tree is under the crease but bc the vamp is beginning to slope, the tree barely vertically hits the top of the boot. I was just curious if other people have encountered this. It may simply be the case of me needing to buy different (thicker) shoe trees.

2. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Just received these buttery soft kudus. How should I take care of this leather? Just brush it like you would rough out?

These pics pretty accurately show the color. I love the 1035 - definitely my new favorite last. It is the most comfortable (for me) and I think has a really balanced shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Seacrest

Seacrest Well-Known Member

Wow, those look amazing.

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I thought about treating them with a suede spray, but ultimately didn't. Of course 1st day out I spilled something on them and wish I had...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  5. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

Did it stain? I've had a latte splashed on my calico grey service boots, but I just wiped them down with a damp rag and used a suede eraser and it cleaned all the stains off.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

It did. Im not even sure what the hell it was. I just looked down and there were two dark spots that were crusty. I tried wiping them down but no luck. I plan to try and clean the suede in a more meaningful way soon.

7. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Bummer. I was going to just wear mine hard and try and keep them clean with a brush. I hadn't thought about coffee stains but I would totally spill shit on myself.

8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I decided to treat my roughout (not the same but similar) with Terrago Nano spray. So far so good. I don't even get water spots from the rain.

9. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Never saw a response to this, so I'll raise it again: Anyone, on the flat waxed laces..?

10. atsumner

atsumner Member

How about these? Cannot confirm that they are the same laces used by Viberg.

http://www.benjos.com/dress-boot-laces/

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

1st wear and I am blown away by these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Tried them already (got them in the blue, am over that lol) and they are not as wide or as thick as Viberg's. Look's as though I will end up getting Wolverine's 1K .

Thanks.

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

They look great, congrats! But I can't believe you took this long to try them out. I'm like wearing new shoes as soon as they're out of the box!

14. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

Anyone ever use anything to fill out a part of their boot that feels loose? My entire boot feels great, and the heel is pretty good, but if it were just a tad more snug... I was wondering what would happen if I put some moleskin along the cup. THought?S

15. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

or maybe I could lace my boots more tightly....