• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't forget that free shipping is included in price

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At risk of sounding like a cheap ass, why is the SF MTO (natty CXL specifically) more expensive compared to Viberg's standard CXL offerings? I would think that a group buy would lower the cost some. Also, does anyone wanna spitball a price estimate of the natty CXL's coming to Mr. P? Time isn't an issue so if there's a better deal out there I'd be happy to wait.

Also, they have said that the derby takes more work to make than boots.

boned

Reaction score

Right, but 55 dollars worth? Natty preorder is $765.

http://viberg.com/collections/footwear/products/service-boot-brown-chromexcel

Just looking for someone to convince me that the preorder is a good deal. Or at least better than waiting for Mr. Porter's model.

Also, they have said that the derby takes more work to make than boots.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm talking about the service boots.

Last edited:

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At risk of sounding like a cheap ass, why is the SF MTO (natty CXL specifically) more expensive compared to Viberg's standard CXL offerings? I would think that a group buy would lower the cost some.

Honestly, I was kind of surprised by the price as well. I was expecting them to fall under $700 easily.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Honestly, I was kind of surprised by the price as well. I was expecting them to fall under $700 easily.

We have to pay shippingx2, and the shipping is averaged out for all buyers, which comes out to about $45. Shipping to us from Viberg is about $20-25, depending on the quantity ordered. For overseas buyers, the Styleforum program comes out about $20 cheaper than Viberg for the same boots, and between $100 and $200 less than the same models at Europe stores (even more in Japan and China and Singapore). For domestic, it's slightly higher, about $20.

intensanity

Reaction score
*warning: conspiracy theorist in me*

Left eyelets aren't visible in any picture on SD >_>

jimanchower

Reaction score

Really like that brown CXL derby. I understand that the 1035 is similar to the 2030. The only Viberg I own is a derby in 2045, and my size 9 is about 1/4 - 1/2 size large. Fair to say I should go with a 9 in the 1035?

Also, someone please correct me if I'm wrong in assuming that I shouldn't be charged any duties on a Canadian-made product coming to the US.

Diabolical

Reaction score
Really like that brown CXL derby. I understand that the 1035 is similar to the 2030. The only Viberg I own is a derby in 2045, and my size 9 is about 1/4 - 1/2 size large. Fair to say I should go with a 9 in the 1035?

Also, someone please correct me if I'm wrong in assuming that I shouldn't be charged any duties on a Canadian-made product coming to the US.
It depends on the type of socks that you plan on wearing with them. For the 2045 I find that it fits looser simply because it's wider than the 2030 but I wear the same size. I have boots in 2030/1035 in size 8.5 that I wear with medium weight socks, but I went with an 8 for a pair of derbies and they fit great with thinner socks.

jimanchower

Reaction score

It depends on the type of socks that you plan on wearing with them. For the 2045 I find that it fits looser  simply because it's wider than the 2030 but I wear the same size. I have boots in 2030/1035 in size 8.5 that I wear with medium weight socks, but I went with an 8 for a pair of derbies and they fit great with thinner socks.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd definitely prefer to wear thinner socks with the derbies. My main issue is with my high instep. Since CXL is known for its stretch I'm thinking I might size down 1/2 size on these unless someone talks me out of it.

I sent off an email to Viberg just now but I'm not sure if they'll get back to me before I get itchy and pull the trigger.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gladly pay $20 to support SF and this program
Thanks, but we are committed to the fairest pricing, so I will be lowering the price of ALL the makeups by $20, which means that shipped, our prices, even domestically, are the same as at viberg.com, domestically, and lower, for overseas customers. For example, the CXL boots with dainite soles and a captoe (which is an upcharge) on Viberg's site is $720+$25=$745 shipping in the USA and Canada. Our adjusted pricinng will bring us to that.

For several of the makeups (like the bison), our pricing will be lower than would be offered at Viberg, should they have made the same boot, Anyone who has ordered already will be refunded, though that may take slightly longer, since there is no batch process, and I will have to handle this all manually.

Cheers,

Fok,

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Hey, aren't we due for another sample sale soon? What happened to part 3?

ksakke

Reaction score

Thanks, but we are committed to the fairest pricing, so I will be lowering the price of ALL the makeups by $20, which means that shipped, our prices, even domestically, are the same as at viberg.com, domestically, and lower, for overseas customers.  For example, the CXL boots with dainite soles and a captoe (which is an upcharge) on Viberg's site is $720+$25=$745 shipping in the USA and Canada.  Our adjusted pricinng will bring us to that.  

For several of the makeups (like the bison), our pricing will be lower than would be offered at Viberg, should they have made the same boot,  Anyone who has ordered already will be refunded, though that may take slightly longer, since there is no batch process, and I will have to handle this all manually.

Cheers,

Fok,

If the natty cxl will be 745$ for USA and Canada, what will it be for the rest of us? Thanks Fok!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads