Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

With regard to the spacing, My shell boots started out fairly spread apart. I think they will close a little with wearing. Vibergs to me have always been a bit spread.

2. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

Ultimately here is the problem: The eyelets were not punched evenly (left side vs. right side). It's not fixable without replacing the leather.

[​IMG]

3. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

4. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

5. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

I ordered the new Four Horsemen tumbled cowhide service boots. Received them today.

[​IMG]

6. Pairate

Pairate Senior member

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm sure Viberg will help me fix things.

Not to go too far down this road, but has anyone else had issues with the heel pad coming up? This is what my right shoe looks like after 4 attempts to assess fitment. Left pair appears okay.

Can I simply use shoe glue to re-attach it?

[​IMG]

7. Understatesman

New boot day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pros: Love the olive calf boot, texture and color. It's a very soft, supple leather. If I wore brown boots, these are the ones I'd rock daily no question. The black French calf, however, wasn't up my alley for the same complaints I had about the black shell cordovan boots I owned for a few weeks a year or so ago: just too plasticy feeling and shiny. It's obvious quality, no doubt. But I guess I'm just more of a more under-the-radar, matte type boot. I didn't even try either of these on since I knew right away after handling them.

Cons: They're both going up on Ebay today. The black boots wouldn't replace my current 3Sixteen Stealths so no need for them, and after a quick scan of the olives ... I don't think I'm a brown shoe kind of guy. I know these were/are expensive as heck so I'll probably list them $100 cheaper (at least) and eat the loss. Live and learn...

From here on out, I think I'm going to concentrate on the Viberg derbys. One thing that caught my eye when looking over the boots and my own, was that I think it might be overkill to have so many pairs of Vibergs all with the same stacked heel. They become monotonous and lose their identity. One pair should be enough for my wardrobe, and maybe a leather soled derby in the future.

Damn... What an expensive lesson I've learned today.

EDIT: Aaaaaand the olive calf boots sold within minutes of putting the listing up. Amazing.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

8. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

Mine are similar. The front of the heel pad has been rolling up a bit. This is likely due to the shoe fitting a bit too tight (the heel is very tight, hoping it breaks in well). I'm not too worried w/r/t this. I also have the eyelet issue. I love the shoes though :)

9. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

That's a shame. Though most of us here have probably learned lessons in a similar way... But I have to say, the black calfskins are killer boots. Shiny now, but I have to think they'll look great with some wear.

10. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Thinner socks and a bit loosely laced and most of the instep pressure is gone. I think they'll break in nicely. I'll wear them around indoors for a few hrs a day and see how it goes. In the meantime:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roughout texture is amazing. I'm not sure I could stand to treat them. I love the look of dubbin treated boots, but they look so nice as is.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

11. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I'd definitely listen to LA Guy and send these back ASAP. The left shoe seems lopsided, and I think that's evident from your rear picture, too. No amount of re-lacing will fix this one, but I can't imagine Viberg won't fix this. These shouldn't have left the factory.

12. meso

meso Senior member

Wait, weren't you all stoked about the french calf? That sucks.

13. Understatesman

I was :(

I was going off the photos I'd found and a memory I had of some old Frye Manny Chukkas which leather I loved...

14. meso

meso Senior member

Just in today, a pair of lightly used service boots in Chicago Latigo tan on the 2040 last.
    Obligatory shitty iPhone pics below.
    Color most accurate in last pic - a reddish tan that's not quite as red as red dog. More of a russett brown.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS yes these look very similar to the red dog boots on 110 I sold a few weeks back, but quite prefer these. Red is more muted, no pull tab, slightly dressier look (been binging on workboots lately).

15. Pairate

Pairate Senior member

Thanks. Yep, I've already sent Viberg an email, no response so far. Perhaps they are swamped.