Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Wow. I feel very special :) that is awesome. Guess I need to order those Bisons now...

2. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Awesome buys rydenfan, any chance we can get some fit pics of the boots?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I'll try. My son's birthday is today and we have family rolling into town so a bit hectic at my house

4. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

@rydenfan brother, insane grey Kudu boots and nat CXL derbies. Insane.

I ordered 2030 CXL boots in same size as my 2040 which is .5 down from my Barrie size. I'm glad to hear the fit worked for you.

Happy birhtday to you son. Best wishes.

5. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Does anyone else with the natural CXL derbies have a hump/protrusion on both sides where the front is stitched to the back? Both of mine do and it ruins the intended sleek look. Hopefully you can see it in the pics below. These are hard ridges. Edit to add that I see this in some of the pictures from other members.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

So these happened. Thanks a ton Fok. Can't believe I'm saying this but these are making me consider the natty boots. This leather...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Does viberg normaly make ptb shoes? Is it that the leather is so thick that would make some of the issues happen?

Just curious as I have a pair of boots on order and I just want know what to expect.

8. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Very nice CXL, the Horsehide would look equally stunning. The beauty of CXL is the ageing, just like raw indigo denim. By the way, what last is the CXL?

The grey kudu is not so appealing from the photos, but it could look totally fantastic in the flesh. I guess I'll not consider the Derby pair in Haven.

9. Pairate

Pairate Senior member

Yeah, mine are like that. It's the shape of whatever the structural piece that forms around the heel. If you feel the inside of the derby, you feel the structural piece.

I wouldn't call the 2030 last a sleek shoe by any means (maybe relative to other Viberg lasts), but I get what you mean. Perhaps someone with more experience can comment if this piece relaxes with break-in.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I own a fair amount of footwear. I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt that the kudu is fantastic

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Do it, and be like me.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That kudu leather is amazing. I couldn't capture either the nap or the color, but it is incredibly rich looking. The natural cxl, and pull up leathers on general, are easy to capture.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks man.

Just to be clear as mud...I take my Barrie size in 2030 boots and went down .5 from Barrie for the derby due to wearing thinner socks and not wanting heel slip.

The fit seems so good that I could likely go with this size in boots as well but that would necessitate a thinner sock. I like wearing a more heavy duty sock with these boots though. Given the 2040 sizing works I think you should be good

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Agreed. I need like Wonka Vision or something...the nap is incredible certainly one of the softest leathers I have felt. These boots are gonna wear like a reinforced slipper.

I know back in the design phase we were kind of back and forth on eyelet color but the gunmetal look complements the grey way better than the brass IMO

15. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Just to chime in and say that both makeups look outstanding. I actually thought the kudu looked fantastic in the photos and I'm sure even better IRL.