Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Dayton has not bounced back as far as I've seen. People have sent me pictures of major discrepancies between boots; I've heard of boots being made with exposed interior welt stitching. And then there's some pretty significant waits (and excuses) to go along with it. Even the good boots I've seen have discrepancies in stitching across the pair. I wouldn't go near them at all.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

WTF was Viberg thinking with this sole?

3. meso

meso Senior member

Ugh, sounds like the consensus is still avoid them!
    In any case, they are junk compared to Viberg, even on a good day.

4. skeptical jesus

skeptical jesus Senior member

The recent reddit GMTO was a total mess. Boots were delivered waaaay behind schedule, at least a handful of them had construction errors, and one of them had a giant chunk of the toe of the itsahide sole fall off on the first wear.

5. Distorbiant

Are you telling me that Dayton did another MTO and fucked up again?

6. skeptical jesus

skeptical jesus Senior member

A few people reported having some problems, though in fairness I don't know what percentage of the larger order they represent.

7. misterjuiceman

Some of the problems I've seen were so bad that they pretty much indicated that the brand is incapable of making quality boots. The fact that they'd let some of the things I've seen out of the workshop shows what little regard the workers have for the overall quality of the product.

8. Distorbiant

Some guy had his boots remade and on the second attempt they welted the boot through the topsole over the leather sole.

9. meso

meso Senior member

10. misterjuiceman

This:

[​IMG]

And then you have these bottom-feeders going to reddit every couple of weeks and asking for cheaper versions of it.

Dayton hasn't put out a boot as iconic since that wings+horns collab, and I don't think they ever will. I was dumb enough to buy into it, and the boot I ended up with was basically trash. I don't even wear it anymore.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Seems unnecessary to call people who can't afford $500 shoes "bottom feeders." People often want more affordable versions of things they can't buy. I don't see anything wrong with that.

12. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

Quite the switch from your review

Also blaming Dayton for the Itschide problem is the equivalent of blaming Viberg for the Itshide problem.

Both companies made it right by resoling. Ridiculous to blame them for sole problems.

Blaming them for a tannery problem is also a bit ridiculous (GMTO delay). Other companies has had problems with that. Companies that produce leather goods are limited by the supply they receive similar to how Viberg cannot make any copper task boot right now. Blame them for the construction and QC problems, not things out of their hands.

Construction complaints and raw material complaints would be valid. My first pair had terrible inseam stitch exposure, they resoled them and it was way better. The new pair of nubuck I bought, did not have an issue either. So they have definitely gotten better but no company is void of problems. I bring it up with every company. You weight your options versus what you are willing to pay. It may be worth it to someone else and it may not. Dayton still has problems no doubt, but so does every company.

I would prefer each person make their own opinion though. Follow their instagram, look up reviews, or look at boots manufactured since Feb of this year, or best is to handle them yourself. I have a pair I like but I am not going to tell you what to think, make your own opinion. But this is a divergence, let's get back to Viberg.

13. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

I personally like that look. Matte calf wouldn't be my first choice, but I gotta be honest when I say I would wear that boot confidently all day/night. It's a good looking boot, and the sole dresses it up ever-so-slightly and perfectly.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

@LA Guy still looking good for the kudu and derbies to be shipping today and tomorrow?

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yup.