Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.
Thanks. I wash pushing you hard to get you to order...I bet they get made again
Yeah, I know, but I had way too many purchases going on at the time. Things are hopefully slowing down now so I can be more selective. But I really need to stick to my goal, which is --- one pair in, one pair out. As it is, my boots will never look worn in, no patina, etc. Some boots just need to be worn hard, kind of like how I did with those brown waxed flesh GMTOs that you were on as well. I'm looking forward to your pics!
For now, get in on the natural cxl boots we will be doing, or the tan Bison scout boot on a mini ripe sole that I designed. Or the Cabourn tribute boot.
Guidi calf boots arrived from BBC this morning.
- The calf leather seems quite a bit darker than the first run that BBC did, with more gloss and less matte-like.
- The box doesn't say "brown Guidi calf" as in the last run; now shows "olive calf". Wonder if it's not Guidi anymore?
- The calf has a very soft and supple hand. Very, very nice. I predict they will break in very nicely and quickly.
- At first glance, it might resemble natural CXL that's got some patina on it. But this leather has got some depth and complexity to it that's very attractive.
- I don't think these boots are for those that are crease-phobic, as there's much more grain and creasing to this leather. My limited experience is that I've seen this more often in some Italian leathers. However, the matte black Guidi calf boots I got recently are hardly wrinkling at all after about 10 wears.
- The discussion about eyelets recently was interesting. These boots have 10 eyelets but they are NOT reinforced. I.e., there are no blind eyelets. Somewhat disappointed but not terribly concerned at the moment. The 8-eyelet matte black boots ARE reinforced with blind eyelets.
Experimented with two types of lacing. The bar lacing really doesn't work with these boots.
I really like the looks of the 10 eyelets but it sure makes lacing up the boots more of a pain.
Wow, these are just too nice. What does Viberg call that color?
Holy smokes am I glad I got in on these! They look GREAT!
I wonder if they count Saturday?
Both, nat CXL derbies and grey Kudu are insane.
@LA Guy let's try to reorder CXL derbies soon!
Thanks, sazon. At first, Brooklyn Clothing had them up as "Guidi olive calf", but strangely, they took off the "Guidi" part and it became just "olive calf". I wonder if it's something to do with Guidi not wanting their name attached to it. Because when Viberg first announced the matte black Guidi calf Service boots, they definitely said it was "Guidi" calf. But when they dropped on the Viberg site, the word "Guidi" was nowhere to be seen.
And they look more brown than olive to me.
Maybe someone has an explanation...
Thanks. Glad you were able to grab a pair.
I know you all love these questions, but, what's sizing like on the 110? I did a quick search and it seems like it's larger than the 2030 but since I don't own a pair of Alden's I don't really have a good benchmark to compare it against. I have a pair of Red Wings that are an 11.5 and the Vans I wear are also 11.5 if that helps.
I would buy a pair of the natural CXL derbies now if I could. Bummed I missed that GMTO. I'll keep an eye out for a possible restock.
Most people wear the same size in all of the lasts but if you have wider feet, you could probably get away with sizing down a half size.
Separate names with a comma.