• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skell6009

Reaction score
Yep! Been eyeing them for quite a while, finally pulled the trigger. Was actually surprised they still had some.
Nice, enjoy them. Just make sure you have enough money left over for the BCSKs. ;)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shot of the Haven Derby being constructed from the 2030 last.

Is that their picture of the calico grey roughout? I have a sample of that leather, and I can say, with absolute certainty, that that color is not a good representation. That looks a lot more like the warm grey that were used to make my personal boots. The calico grey is a much cooler grey with much more blue in it. Nice, though.

Diabolical

Reaction score
Is that their picture of the calico grey roughout? I have a sample of that leather, and I can say, with absolute certainty, that that color is not a good representation. That looks a lot more like the warm grey that were used to make my personal boots. The calico grey is a much cooler grey with much more blue in it. Nice, though.
Yeah, that looks quite a bit darker. Here is my pair of service boots from last years collaboration with Haven to give you a better idea of what the color looks like.

Theloniouskase

Reaction score
Quick question you guys. How fast does cordovan leather usually crease? It seems after one day of wear, I've seen a fair amount of creasing on the top of the foot. I don't mind it, kinda speeds up the "patina" but wondering if that's just normal for the leather. Enlighten me...

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the leather and your stride. But generally, yes, it can happen quickly. Pics?

brandall10

Reaction score

Quick question you guys. How fast does cordovan leather usually crease? It seems after one day of wear, I've seen a fair amount of creasing on the top of the foot. I don't mind it, kinda speeds up the "patina" but wondering if that's just normal for the leather. Enlighten me...

For me the initial cordovan creasing happens quickly, pretty much during the first wear. The big rolls that you see on well worn footwear seems to take some time though.

rutabaga

Reaction score
My Snuff Suede Kudu Service Boot MTO came in the mail yesterday. I made the order in person at the factory back in June. These are on 2030 and have a toe cap, which I believe they haven't offered as a configuration. Thought I'd share!

Album

sin9clair

Reaction score
My Snuff Suede Kudu Service Boot MTO came in the mail yesterday. I made the order in person at the factory back in June. These are on 2030 and have a toe cap, which I believe they haven't offered as a configuration. Thought I'd share!

Album

Very nice.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certainly a well-timed buy, those boots.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice! Has more longing even more for my grey kudu boots. Was 55 and raining oday and was wishing I had them

Last edited:

Raneleigh

Reaction score

Album

Those are amazing...love the cap toe! Can you still walk into the factory and place a custom order? I thought those days were over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads