Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I agree with a partially constructed toe, and in a sturdy leather like a horseshoe.

I think that the last will be 110.

The 310 is interesting, but has little support in North America, where most of our strength is at, though we always have a few Europeans. It's a more committed look, and Americans are less hardcore that way.

2. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior member

And I think the 310 is the best looking design Viberg has. The reason I haven't bought anything new is waiting for more stuff to be made on that last.

Although the hiker is really tempting lol.

3. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

I like what you're saying!

4. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Have to agree here. I think we are heading in a positive direction! Who else would be on board with this? Let's keep this ball rolling!

5. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

Whats the deal with the fit on the 110 versus the 2030?

6. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

The 110 is a EEE width last, while the 2030 is a single E. I have wide feet so I'm probably the exception to the rule, but I wear a 7.5 in the 110 last and a 9 in the 2030 last.

7. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Wow that's quite a difference. What's your brannock size (heel to toe, heel to ball)? Thanks!

8. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Is that really true though? The 110 feels like an E width to me and I'm normally a D width. But it's not all that perceptible to me. The 110 feels comfortable to me whereas the 2030 feels narrow and pinches my toes at the point. Like I said, I'm a D width and have pretty average feet and I'm a 9.5 in all Viberg lasts except I could probably go up a half size in the 2030 because of the low and narrow toe box. If it's true that the 110 is a EEE, I'd be shocked. I have D width work boots that feel the same to me. Look at some of the old brands of work shoes out there and a EEE looks like a boat. The 110 looks normal. The 2030 looks like a dress last by comparison.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  9. bluedanish

bluedanish Active Member

hey guys! i newly created this account just for this thread in particular. am a big fan of viberg and this discussion of a new makeup has caught my attention. i would more than likely jump on board with whatever gets made so long as it is a badass service boot in a nice leather,color, eyelet, last combo. i've only got 2030 and 1035 last boots from viberg so this is where my personal tastes lie. if the other last possibilities being discussed are similar in look/fit, I am open to them.

lets get something awesome made!

cheers!

10. thisstylishlife

thisstylishlife Active Member

11. westie187

westie187 Senior member

12. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

Agreed, i've loved the 310 for years the stars have just never aligned for me to purchase a pair.

13. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I have never been a fan of the (to my eyes) flat and pointy toe of the 2030, but I have to say that they look better to me with some wear on them. Nice boots.

14. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

For those talking about a 310 workboot with a more durable leather, I've always thought the the Volls 310 from a couple of years ago was close to the perfect black boot. It's the basic oil tan leather, but the contrasting white stitching adds some style. Here is a pic of a pair with some wear on them:

[​IMG]

15. meso

meso Senior member

The last indeed reads EEE and the foot bed fits that way IMHO. Here it is (top) vs. the 310 (bottom), an E quite generous in the toe... but you can see the difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]