• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScuffedBluchers

Reaction score

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Something in burgundy calf please, I think Fok posted a tumbled burgundy that looked great before.

lowgrade

Reaction score
I know the Guidi tan horsehide was just released, but the 1035 last and a captoe was different to what I was looking for.

Guy told me there was plenty of Guidi tan horsehide in stock at Viberg. To my knowledge, a Derby was being released early 2015.
I would absolutely LOVE this makeup however:

Service boot
Plain toe
+/- Dainite (or leather) sole
8-10 Blind eyelets
Partial structure (since the leather is thin and to prevent toebox collapse)

Here's an example of what I believe to be evolution of this sample boot. I just love how it looks with some wear.

ScuffedBluchers

Reaction score
I've seen all of those pictures before, and had no idea they were the same horsehide boot.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I know the Guidi tan horsehide was just released, but the 1035 last and a captoe was different to what I was looking for. Guy told me there was plenty of Guidi tan horsehide in stock at Viberg. To my knowledge, a Derby was being released early 2015. I would absolutely LOVE this makeup however: Service boot Plain toe 2030 +/- Dainite (or leather) sole 8-10 Blind eyelets Partial structure (since the leather is thin and to prevent toebox collapse) Here's an example of what I believe to be evolution of this sample boot. I just love how it looks with some wear.
Would you entertain a chukka?

ScuffedBluchers

Reaction score
I'm actually amazed at how much those horsehide boots darkened. Does anyone know anything about the patina? How long it took, and essentially what was done?

billymax

Reaction score
I agree with you 100%. Love the Japanese look in 145 Oxfords, Bobcats, Scouts, Short Shifts and chukaas. I have multiple pairs of all of these on the 110 last that I used to get MTO and from Inventory, SUPERDENIM and the Bureau Belfast 3-4 years ago. Would love to see some of the Japanese styles available for North America. Inventory, SUPERDENIM and The Bureau Belfast have some really nice oxford styles with unstructured toe from time to time, but the selection for the more casual customer isn't available. I'm trying to like Service Boots on the 2030 with Danite, but I just can't get there.

Paul Travi

Reaction score
^ Ye, something like this:

Viberg is much more than the 2030 indeed, but I understand that for all the new comers to the brand is a very popular last. Viberg was a rugged brand before they re-style for a more dressier and sober footwear brand.
I just hope that they keep that casual, rugged, manly style that characterizes them

Last edited:

Aviv

Reaction score
Well, as long as we are generating historical narratives here, it seems worthwhile to point out that the service boot on the 2030 last is from Viberg's archive and dates back to their very beginnings. Maybe the leather choices and make-ups they are doing now can be seen as more "dressy," but the shape itself is just as much of their heritage as chunky work boots.

Paul Travi

Reaction score
^ I just said that is very popular last nowadays. It might be due to the sleek profile I guess.

I agree with you 100%. Love the Japanese look in 145 Oxfords, Bobcats, Scouts, Short Shifts and chukaas.
Japanese rugged style and look it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but i'm with you on this one. Like Brett said: "The thing about Japan is that they really know how to create the lifestyle of a brand". But then again, Japan, Europe and US are different markets.

Last edited:

billymax

Reaction score
^ I just said that is very popular last nowadays. It might be due to the sleek profile I guess.

Japanese rugged style and look it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but i'm with you on this one. Like Brett said: "The thing about Japan is that they really know how to create the lifestyle of a brand". But then again, Japan, Europe and US are different markets.
On my feet on my desk right now. From the MTO days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads