Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

the incoming English Tan Latigo Derby @ SuperDenim looks awesome

2. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

How would you care for that kind of leather? Regular cream polish?

3. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

That's a good question. I've been wondering that myself. However, I use very little product on any of my boots and not very often, so I have some time to figure it out.

4. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Congrats! Those were once mine. I would have kept them if they were a 9.5, I just couldn't quite make the 9 work for me. But I love them! I sold them and the person I sold them to sold them to you, probably for the same reasons. It's such a great make up - we just desperately wanted the size to work I guess. So glad they ultimately went to someone who appreciates them and will get some good use out of them. Enjoy!!

5. Paul Travi

Paul Travi Member

Thanks man, for your kind words and for letting them go ;) . Indeed, I have seen them around like one year ago or so, and at that time I couldn't get them and I have regretted all this time, especially when I knew that Viberg had stopped with the MTO production. But it looks like they were meant to be mine.

For me, that make up represents what Viberg used to be years ago, on its "obscure" time, when they were very difficult to get and a less dressy brand. I really like Japanese denim and also their style; and since I remember, many japs dudes like to rock Bobcat's, Chukka's, Oxford's and shorty engineer's in rough out leather, very chunky, rugged and manly.

When reading this thread is easy to see that many people is hooked with the more modern style that Viberg is offering. Last like the 2030 and 2040 seem to be the preferred choice this days. I have tried both and just doesn't appeal me like the 110 does, just a matter of taste.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

6. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

I felt equally thrilled to get my hands on them and I wanted them to work for me so desperately. But I'm a perfect 9.5 in all Vibergs and that's just the reality. I totally agree with you about the 110 last. It is pretty much the only last I look for now, I absolutely love it. I parted with a pair I had on the 2030, just didn't appeal to me. I'm also not a huge Munson guy, so the 2040 or 2045 doesn't appeal to me either - though I will say, I like seeing all these lasts on other people. I always think they look so much better on others than they do on me. All I have now are 110's with the sole exception of one pair on the 1035, which I happen to like on the particular boot that I got.

I too tend to favor the Japanese sensibility - it's a great look/style. I'm fanatical about raw denim and 110 Vibergs...doesn't take much to make me happy!

7. 45bur

45bur Senior member

If they would start releasing makeups on the 110 again, I would be so happy.

8. Paul Travi

Paul Travi Member

Idem! I own also a pair of engineers with the 2005 last, very comfortable. Looking to get a pair of Chukka's and shorty's engineer's in the future, but now I'm going to rock this 110's to dead. I'll keep you up dated when I get some progress.

Btw, i'm trying to find some examples of waxed black rough out, someone any idea?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

9. meso

meso Senior member

While we're talking about acquisitions, I'm still looking for a pair of horsehides in 310 last in size 10, similar to pic below but if you have similar just PM me.

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Ha, and the 310s in meso's pic are ones that I used to own before selling them to Rafa! We are such an incestuous bunch..

I remember taking these brown HH's out of the box when they arrived a couple of years ago. They were the first Vibergs I ever held, and I literally laughed out loud at how nice they were. Unfortunately a half size too small. Someone else has posted similar brown HH 310s but otherwise I have never seen this leather again.

11. Seacrest

Seacrest Well-Known Member

I have an extension set on their page that notifies on me on restocks. (Chrome)
    It can do the following:

• notifies when a completely sold out item restocks (does not show the size though)
    • notifies when an item completely sells out. (like when they show the "sold out" text next to the item in the store.
    • Checks for updates every 5 seconds. (this can be changed to a longer time period between checks but I find 5 seconds is pretty ideal)

Pretty handy when i'm keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect pair!

12. Pairate

Pairate Senior member

Now that's taking shopping down to a science. I was curious so I looked it up, very handy indeed: http://www.reddit.com/r/supremeclot...zzs_quick_and_simple_restock_checker_for_the/

13. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

For a good hour there I just thought you were fucking with me. But according to the post above, you're not. So thanks for sharing this with us!

14. Seacrest

Seacrest Well-Known Member

Haha no worries boys!

Definitely a handy tip to snag those hard to get restocks and new arrivals.

15. Theloniouskase

Theloniouskase Well-Known Member

Steady waiting (eight doobies to the face, f-ck thaaat!) for shipping info on the Brandy Shell. Mid-September to late September means any time starting now.