Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Absolutely sick. How are the leather soles?

2. meso

meso Senior member

Love the matte leather. Would have liked eyelets. Suppose they could be added after purchase.

3. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

4. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

I got my matte black derbies in today as well. No pictures yet. Very glad that I went with the 9 instead of the 9-1/2. I'm a 10D on the Brannock (heel to ball is more like 9-1/2) with a high instep. The 2045 last fits me very well. I could probably get away with a 8-1/2 if I needed to.

5. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Holy hell those guidis are beauties, congrats.

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Thanks, guys. Wore them this evening at home and no regrets.

@Skell6009, they're the first Vibergs I own that are leather and not Dainite. From a totally aesthetic standpoint, I prefer leather, but I understand the utility of Dainite or commando type soles. Viberg leather soles look very high quality.

@jimanchower, congrats. Looking forward to seeing pics.

7. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

Trying these on this morning with my thinnest socks there's a bit of heel slip that wasn't there yesterday evening. I suspect it's due to how one's feet swell during the day. With "normal" socks there isn't much slip at all. I still think they're the right size, and suspect that there will be no slip once the soles are broken in.

Some pictures with minimal postprocessing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Trying these on this morning with my thinnest socks there's a bit of heel slip that wasn't there yesterday evening. I suspect it's due to how one's feet swell during the day. With "normal" socks there isn't much slip at all. I still think they're the right size, and suspect that there will be no slip once the soles are broken in.

Wow, those look great! Seems like you could wear them with just about anything - one of those crossover types that look good dressed up or down. I'll bet they will look great even when they get thrashed!

9. Paul Travi

Paul Travi Member

I've been after this make up long time ago, and since Viberg has stopped with their made to order service, it was almost impossible to get them. By a huge hit of luck I came across to someone selling that exactly configuration and I grab them in a heart beat.
    Viberg 1950 Service Boot, MTO
    -110 Last
    -Black buffalo rough-out
    -2060 Vibram wedge sole
    -Leather laces
    -Size 9
    The 110 last is IMO the most comfortable last Viberg has in offer, is marked as a EEE width, but definitely is not that wide. I have tried the 2030, that seems to be the most popular Viberg last atm, but the narrow toe box doesn't work for me. The buffalo leather on this ones is just jaw dropping, and being a big rough-out fan, I have to say that i'm a happy man. I'm contemplating to wax them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Royal42

Royal42 Senior member

Those have been up for grabs for at least the last year. The seller's a good dude, so I'm glad to see he finally unloaded them. Had they been 9.5s, I'd have scooped them ages ago. (Then again, if that was the case, he wouldn't have had to sell.)

11. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Really like the shape of those derbys!

12. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Congrats! Those look awesome.

13. Seacrest

Seacrest Well-Known Member

BCC just got some restocks

14. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

About the BCC, how are you finding this out so quickly? I have their site bookmarked and feel like I need to check twice a day to make sure I don't miss out. Is there an email list somewhere?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  15. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Is this the page:

http://brooklynclothingco.bigcartel.com/category/boots

Incidentally, the French calf on those black boots seems pretty close to what we were talking about with regard to harness leather above. I really like the way it looks, though haven't seen it in person. It seems more substantial and bit less shiny than the FC from White's for example.

Also, this does NOT look like an unstructured toe does it? That's how they describe it, but it seems clearly more structured than the other 2030s, which I think is one of the reasons I like this build better than most 2030s.

[​IMG]
    [didn't mean to make the pic that big...]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014