Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

congrats! Great choice and I was looking at their Derby in the same leather but 2045 last is a deal breaker for me. Wish they were on 2030.

2. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

I resisted the temptation for about 6 hours but just decided to pull the trigger on the derby. I've also never owned a pair of black shoes other than traditional cap toe oxfords. Guess this'll push me to put those shell cordovan Aldens up for sale...

3. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Thanks, ryden, will do when they arrive in about a week or so. Or actually, I might wait till I get a small bit of wear on them. They won't be as good as our illustrious friend on the Alden thread who takes his pics on his lawn that looks good enough to put in a salad.

4. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

Nah, just some boots that I bought recently and have been on the fence about keeping. I'm trying to keep the shoe collection from growing too large so a pair in means a pair out.

5. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

I think the 2045 last is great. 2030 is definitely the gateway drug of Viberg, but soon after you will begin to appreciate the other more work boot-esque lasts.

I'm with you jimanchower, I try and keep my rotation to 4 boots, hence (in part) my signature...

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Has Viberg changed their shipping method to the US? Previously, they had shipped via Canada Post (and then to the USPS). I just got a shipping notification and they're using FedEx. The good news is I'll have the boots in two days. But is the bad news that I may be charged handling/brokerage fees by FedEx to the US?

7. meso

meso Senior member

Nope, NAFTA and all that.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

who selling black shell aldens?!?

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

10. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

What is harness leather, and what is the chance we'll see another service boot made of it?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  11. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I remember reading somewhere that leathers were traditionally divided into saddle leather, bridle leather, and harness leather, with harness being the most oil and wax treated, smooth and relatively water resistant. I know Red Wing calls their Iron Ranger leather harness leather, and I think it looks really nice and wears well. I would love to see a similar, presumably even higher quality, leather used by Viberg. Time to get beyond CXL...

12. ScuffedBluchers

This! This!

13. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

If you are looking for a real workboot made out of leather that is more indestructible, I suggest you check out their actual workboot line. http://workboot.com/
    There you will find leathers that are made to take a beating as opposed to the leathers and boots that are used for more fashionable reasons.
    There is a market for both.

FWIW, one doesn't get a higher quality leather than shell cordovan. It is just harder to come by.

14. ScuffedBluchers

I don't want a workboot, those are way to rugged to wear every day. I just want a boot that looks sexy and doesn't scratch with the lightest abrasion of a fingernail. I'd love some shell or horsehide, and have been trying to buy them since spring but apparently my fingers don't click quick enough.

15. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I just received a Viberg package via Fedex. No handling/brokerage fees.