Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

I wish the matte black calfskin wasn't on a leather sole again. Seems like it's been a go-to option for Viberg's stock boots lately.

2. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Just get a Topy.

3. g3n0c1d3

g3n0c1d3 Member

Hey thanks guys for the concern. However selling it is not an option. I admit it was a bit painful but im certain after some more odd wears it'll be more and more comfortable. Last time i was having a hard time just walking when wearing the boot, now i can run with that boot. A huge improvement i say

4. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I completely agree. And while a Topy helps a bit, it simply is not the same as a real rubber sole.

5. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I was going to go for those matte calf's but was dissuaded by the soles as well- I just went for black CXL instead.

6. vettemike

vettemike Senior member

I much prefer the leather sole. It looks much better than the rubber soles offered by Viberg, in my opinion

7. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Personally, I would love to see some boots with these Cat's Paws, which they used on the HH service boot several months ago:
    [​IMG]

8. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Brian the Bootmaker uses those, I have a pair he did for me. Those soles are fantastic.

9. cj610

cj610 Senior member

Oh yeah.........That's a fantastic sole. :nodding:

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

A pair he made, or resoled..? If the latter, what boots were they? Pics?

11. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Raneleigh:

nice shoes. i like the captoe and the ripple sole, it is growing on me. How is the comfort of the ripple compared to dainite, commando, or maybe a vibram gumlight? Wonder how they do in rain or snow? Please post some pics with wear in the future and thanks for sharing the shoes.

12. 45bur

45bur Senior member

If anyone has a line on someone selling the SF waxed flesh boots in size 8, shoot me a PM!

13. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

The ripple sole is very comfortable. It took a minute to get used to the way it feels on a hard surface. The heal to toe movement is normal all the way up to the toe and then you can feel it drop from the peak of the ripple to the flat of the toe surface - if that makes sense. I actually like the way it feels. You don't notice it on carpet. But as I said, very comfortable overall and very "grippy" in a non-slip sort of way. I think ripple soles were initially used on work shoes for people on their feet all day. Different from dainite, commando, vibram...can't really compare it to anything else. I have a feeling it's going to wear very well. The back heel area is flat like the toe area and I decided to affix a clear heel guard on them since I tend to wear the back corners down fairly rapidly and I'm sure that part would be worn down way before the ripple ever wears to that point. I think with the heel guards, I could wear these almost forever. Here is a photo of the sole...a picture is worth a thousand words:

[​IMG]

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

All of the boots are coming in within the next few weeks. I am stoked about this too!

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Boom! Awesome! Thanks for the update