Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

neilz4, your foot sizing sounds just about exactly like mine. AE 5 I'm a 9.5EEE, Modified I bought 9.5E and after they broke in they were a bit too big, though my determination was actually that the E was the problem, and I should have gone for a 10D instead. On Viberg I am a 10 for the 2030. So my expectation is that the size 9 is probably the right size for you. You are wearing proper medium or heavy boot socks for the boots, right?

2. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

I wear a size 9 in the 2030 and a size 7.5 in the 110. The 110 last feels like it was shaped perfectly for my wide foot. Unfortunately for me, it seems like they are phasing out the 110 last going forward. Guy still has to respond to me whether the 110 last will still be available for custom orders at the shop. Otherwise I will probably have to get in on the upcoming Styleforum MTO on the 110 last.

3. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

4. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

When I tried on the 2040's in 8, I was wearing loafer socks and the left foot was very snug. When I tried on the 8.5, I initially tried them on with midweight boot socks and the left one fit but the right one was way too tight, and even when I moved down to thinner socks, the right one still didn't fit right but the left one did (possibly even a little loose).
    Wow that is some crazy spread in sizing. I was initially asking the question because I really like the Johan Special from 3Sixteen but I may just wait to see what SF comes up with for this MTO. I emailed 3Sixteen and Johan got back to me in <12 hours explaining that he has boots in both 2040 and 110 and that the 110 is both wider and has a higher toebox so that would accommodate my instep.

Got any info on the current SF ideas for the 110 makeup?

5. brandall10

brandall10 Senior member

I know this probably has limited appeal but fwiw - Guy got back to me RE: Brandy shipping estimate... they'll start shipping mid-month, the whole allocation should be shipped by the end of the month.

6. Mutombo

Mutombo Senior member

Wow that's exciting. Can't wait.

7. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

There was a similar but slightly more interesting build that showed up at a retailer earlier in the summer, but now I can't remember where or find it. (I think I actually posted the link!) It had a pull tab and some contrasting leather and eyelets as I recall... Someone may remember..

8. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the reverse kudu's from Gentry?

9. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

Is it pretty well accepted that the 110 is the best for a high instep? I've also seen mention that the 2030 is pretty good in that regard, which seems counterintuitive based on how it looks.

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Yes indeed! Now that's a good looking boot...

11. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I wondered about that too... I have never tried on the 2040 or the 2030, but I have worn 110s, and while they are definitely wide they also have a fairly low toebox.

12. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

it is perfect except for that ugly black ankle loop

13. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

It's actually navy reverse kudu, same as the tongue

14. Theloniouskase

Theloniouskase Well-Known Member

Mass appeal here. Looking forward to my pair.

15. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

I'm actually not too sure, it isn't too easy to find fit info on the 110 with a cursory search - most sizing advice is for the 2030/1035/2040/2045

EDIT: Based on the last pics in here the 110 looks great for width/high insteps / high-volume feet

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014