1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Trapp

Trapp Distinguished Member

That boot is amazing!

2. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior Member

I'm fairly sure (although not 100%) that the quality AND the thickness of CXL used in Wolverine's and OSB is lesser than with Viberg and White's. And in between my White's and Viberg's, The Viberg's CXL feels more thick and substantial than on my White's, by a small margin.

My first pair of "good" boots were Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in CXL and comparing them to my White's or Viberg's in terms of quality, leather thickness, color richness...well lets just say, its not even close to a fair comparison.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014

3. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior Member

Thanks bro

4. Aviv

Aviv Senior Member

Absolutely. Somewhere in this thread it has been pointed out that Viberg chooses thicker CXL skins. There are different grades of a given leather and it is clear that what Alden uses on a lot of their boots is much thinner than Vibergs.

5. meso

meso Distinguished Member

Yeah, Wolverine's CXL is definitely sub-par. I'm not sure if it's a selection issue or they take lower grade pieces. Loads of pics and discussion in that thread about this.

At the end of the day you have to like the effect of a pull-up leather. But people criticizing CXL may not know how to take care of their boots. Marks on my White's natural CXL buff out with a little care and add to their character. I think people also buy natural CXL thinking it will be a light shade forever, and it darkens rather quickly.

There are tradeoffs in any leather of course... it's very difficult to get a decent patina quickly from a leather like red dog. I just sold a pair of red dog vibergs and they were rough to break in and looked nearly new after a few months of light wear.

6. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Senior Member

These will be on my feet from here on out through March. Snappin necks out here.

[​IMG]

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

ding, ding, ding. this is exactly what happened. still occurs to me but ive become more mindful of it so it doesnt happen as often

8. sin9clair

sin9clair Member

Very nice. Really like the plain toe.

9. Trapp

Trapp Distinguished Member

I like those too - they tweaked my neck.

10. meso

meso Distinguished Member

I still like the 2040 toe a little more, but realize I'm totally outnumbered.

11. Arizor

Arizor Senior Member

I'm with you meso - though I own and love my 2030s, I'm really looking forward to a few more 2040s coming onto the market. Perhaps we hope in vain!

12. im eddie

im eddie Senior Member

I like the toe shape of the 2040 on rough out, but the sleeker toe looks good on the black leather. Viberg X SF rough out are on a 2040 right?

13. linafelt

linafelt Distinguished Member

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Our grey kudu roughout boot due soon is on 2030

15. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

FYI, CXl takes shoe polish quite nicely. If you don't own a horsehair brush, an old t-shirt and several shades of polish, preferably both cream and paste, then you are doing all of your fine footwear a disservice.