1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. meso

meso Senior member

It's about ethics in boots journalism.

1 person likes this.
  2. westie187

westie187 Senior member

[​IMG]

3. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

I don't think I'm trashing them. I've given them credit where credit is due, and I've given them fair criticism where it is due.

As far as my own issues with Viberg, Viberg isn't interested in admitting their own mistakes.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  4. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

There is a great pair of JcrewxAlden circulating that is on reddit. I will see if I can find it.

5. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Aaaannnddd, there it is. Thank you, goodnight! Don't forget to tip the waitstaff!

6. meso

meso Senior member

I can't wait to hear this story.

7. StarkReality

StarkReality Member

What issue do you have?

You seem ok, but very whiny like my wife.

8. westie187

westie187 Senior member

And you will. Ad nauseam.

9. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Omert4:

As far as my own issues with Viberg, I will have to call american express and have them force a chargeback since Viberg isn't interested in admitting their own mistakes.

Aaaannnddd, there it is. Thank you, goodnight! Don't forget to tip the waitstaff![​IMG]

10. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

I retract my previous statement

11. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

I agree with some of what Omert has been saying. I love my Vibergs, but I'm not a fanatic through and through so much as to disregard some quality issues have been creeping into their products more and more from what I've been reading here on this thread as well as — here it comes ... the "OMG, WHAT A LOSER!" cliche you all are about to rally behind when I mention it — on Reddit and other forums like Ironheart, etc.

Get your heads out of your egotistical asses when you post dribble like this. Nobody is agreeing with him? Fuck off. Plenty of people have shared concerns here in this thread. A robust, workwear type boot? Great. But for $800+ bucks, is it not too much to ask for a top of the line finish to go along with the quality construction?

I'm not asking him to leave. I'm sure other lurkers here aren't either, yet you parade this bullshit mantra about "universal" consensus thrown his way.

Now someone wants to report him for asking a snarky question about some Ryan Seacrest avatar? Holy fuck, talk about reaching.

I swear you fucktards must be wearing diapers under your raw denim rolled-up-ever-so-casually to show the world your $800+ boots no one in the majority of the population has even heard of. Is that a bad thing? Of course not. But when you embrace some kind of elitist mindset because you know about Viberg before Johnny-come-lately does, it's tiring as fuck.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Apparently Omert doesn't in your little dictatorship here.

Personally, I like differing opinions. Helps me consider pros and cons about stuff I'm learning about.

4 people like this.
  12. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

I actually completely agree. People tend to disregard criticism as some sort of personal attack. Actually some of the stuff omert has said is stuff I complained about, the puckering on the shell boot in the recent IG post

2 people like this.
  13. Understatesman

Mind showing exactly what's offensive in that post? Go ahead, gather your evidence.

I swear, you people...

How bout this: Censoring and trying to run off differing opinions is offensive to others and should be offensive to prospective buyers of Viberg if you're suppressing issues that have evidently arisen before, and may well arise again in the future.

You offend me, good sir. See how easy that is to toss around bullshit?

14. westie187

westie187 Senior member

15. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I can't tell if you mean to be so intentionally vague, but really, why don't elaborate. I post all my Viberg problems here and have a balanced view of the company and their products. You're not a "differing opinion" if you don't actually opine beyond 2nd hand stories. Go on, walk the walk and tell me about youR Viberg nightmare and the chargeback threat.

Also- Tricker's? Talk about not being worth the price point...

16. Understatesman

Ooh ... memes, ladies and gentlemen! Shit just got real.

Ironic because you have yet to back up anything you've posted (i.e. what offends you, exactly?). Talk about jumping on the hivemind. I bet you feel really part of the team now that you used an unoriginal picture to make some obtuse point that, quite frankly, I bet you don't even know what it is you're trying to say.

So I'll ask you again, what do you really feel, beyond blind allegiance and feigned offensiveness?

You love your boots? Great, me too. Doesn't mean a few bad apples haven't made their way into the marketplace.

2 people like this.
  17. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

It's not reaching. The post he made was blatantly homophobic, and that sort of thing makes the thread unwelcoming to a lot of people.

1 person likes this.
  18. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

So swearing and being aggressive in a forum post somehow makes you a voice of reason? By the way, fucktard is actually a more offensive thing to say than Omert's lame Seactest comment. But let's not pretend gender norms don't rule supreme here.

Do you really take into account people's opinions on here when ordering products you've never handled? Anyone who has liked or hated Viberg figured it out by ordering a pair. The rest is masturbatory.

19. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

I agree with some of his points as well and I'm all for differing opinions as well here. I think the main thing people are put off by is his very aggressive demeanor.

1 person likes this.
  20. Understatesman

Are you a fucktard? Do you know a fucktard?

What the fuck is a fucktard anyway?

Quit trying to be offended by something that doesn't even make sense in the first place.

And yes, most certainly do I take people's opinions on here into account. No way in hell would I ever spend the money on a TOJ jacket buying blind online if not for the great reviews and pictures shared here. In fact, I bought two exactly because of what I read here. And fyi, I masturbated only after I received them.

OOOPS ... I mean, wait. HOW DARE YOU WRITE 'THE REST IS MASTURBATORY' TO ME! I'm offended!!!! How do you know I didn't lose both my hands in Vietnam and can't masturbate anymore? Or maybe I'm 90 year old grandmother of 12 and don't need to hear such vulgarity on a fine forum like this.

Gee wilickers, you guys. Grow a spine and quit the pseudo-reactionary 'this offends me, right?' mentality.

1 person likes this.