1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. meso

meso Senior member

If you're emotionally scarred by returning a pair of boots this may not be the hobby for you.

2. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Really, personal attacks now?

I like Viberg as much as the next guy, but they are not above reproach. Bigger picture, I'm concerned that Viberg's rapidly growing list of stockists is putting a strain on production and is ultimately affecting the overall quality that we've come to expect from them.

3. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I totally agree. The newer derby shoes are nice, but I really like the older work oxfords and wish they would make more available, especially with more standard soles. Like this one (110 last, structured toe, vibram half sole, contrasting eyelets -- perfect).

[​IMG]

4. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

linafelt. That's a nice shoe. Would you wear that strictly with jeans and chinos or could you wear them with dress pants. Thx.

5. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I love it when a brand becomes so beyond reproach to the Borg that basic quality control issues get nothing more than a shrug.

1 person likes this.
  6. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

I was looking at this the other day. Next makeup perhaps

7. westie187

westie187 Senior member

I've read two complaints, maybe three, in this entire thread regarding QC issues. Why not wait and see how Viberg handles the issue? Before the Borg writes them off completely?

3 people like this.
  8. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

They've always given me super detailed responses. Just put yourself in their position: you'd rather a customer put your brand on blast before giving you a chance to handle the issue? Probably not, right?

9. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

Of course they would. But all they have to do is a quick two minute inspection and then none of these boots get out the door. Of course, some will slip, though. And maybe the amount we see here in the scope of their entire production is actually pretty great. Nobody is perfect. But one purple boot and one blue one? Ouch.

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Afraid I am not the guy to ask for fashion advice. I don't think I even own a pair of dress pants. I wear chinos or workpants every day, and I would gladly wear these shoes everyday as well!

Yes, yes, yes.

11. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

If you like the way it looks go for it. Why limit yourself. For ex, who says you cant wear boots with suits?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  12. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

13. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Are these the Chicago tan latigo boots from Superdenim? Very nice. Kicking myself for missing out on those...

14. westie187

westie187 Senior member

15. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Actually these are the brown french calf boots that are on Viberg.com according to Guy. Itll look different depending on lighting. This one was a sample.

16. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Ah yes, the toecap fooled me.. They should have kept it for the official version of the boot.

17. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

I have the one on .com. I like the toecap too, but its a different look. The plain toe is a bit more utilitarian looking.

18. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

No doubt, the one on their site is great too. I considered it as well -- if it had a rubber sole I may have bitten...

19. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

It has a rubber heel. For the sole I got it topied professionally for 20 bucks. I like the leather sole look so it was right for me- best of both.

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I fail to understand how acknowledging that there is an issue yet trying to remain even keeled about it until the chance for the company to respond is shrugging off the issue?