1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Evening folks.
    I just received my Viberg Smoke Reverse Kudu boots. Thought I'd pass on my initial impressions...Im a brannock size 11.5 U.S., narrow foot, low instep. Guy at Viberg advised size 10.5 boots. I'm trying them on with thick socks and the fit feels perfect. Will have to try them on with thin socks as they might feel even better...There is a little wiggle room at the periphery of my feet and top of my toes but not much. As others have noted, the suede is buttery soft and I love the rounded toe of the 1035 last. Thanks to Guy at Viberg for his assistance and thanks to rydenfan too. His exuberance about this boot as well as his posted pics really pushed me to get these boots and I'm very glad I did....

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Awesome! So glad I contributed and that you are pleased with them. They are like adult slippers ;)

3. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Slippers. Yes! I really dig them and I just ordered the EpauletxCarmina Kudu boots for the Kudu perfecta.

4. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Picked up a pair myself last week. That description is perfect. They are adult slippers.

5. giantBOB

giantBOB Active Member

It started with a pair of Service Boots in a 2040 last, I wear them all the time.

Now I want a pair of the Derbys. Viberg has my size but it is in the 2045 last. I really like the shape of the 2040 with the unstructured toe. How significant is the increased roundness of 2045 last with the partially structured toe? Should I wait until they have the Derbys in a narrower model?

Thanks!

6. billymax

billymax Senior member

I'm an Oxford fanatic. I look for them all of the time. Gentry and Blue Button are the only ones I've seen in months and they were both ripple soles. The Derby kind of replaced the 145 Oxford. I have the Derby on the 1035, but my favorite is still the 145 Oxford on a 110 last. Viberg told me that Japan was the only region getting the Oxfords. I really wish Viberg would offer them on their website.

7. billymax

billymax Senior member

The Up There Store in Australia has black Scout boots on black vibram sole. Not many sizes left. I got a pair several months ago when they first arrived and they are great. Bureau Belfast also has tan rough out Scout boots on tan Vibram sole. That's all I know of.

8. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Senior member

I just received my 1st pair of Vibergs from Mr. Porter after years of wearing Alden and Red Wing boots. Love the style, but kind of upset with some of the defects at this pricepoint. The most egregious is a nail in the heel that appears to have been driven in crooked and then broken off and just left. The others are black stains on the backs of both boots, pencil tracing on the jointing points of what I'm assuming are cut lines (will this wear away?), one loose stitch on the welt, and a cut on the natural cxl tongue. Here's some pics of what I'm talking about. Most likely going to return, but wanted to see what you guys thought of this 1st? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Andrew Nguyen

Andrew Nguyen Well-Known Member

Man...that nail. Lookin' real rough there. It probably wouldn't effect the boot in anyway, but that's tough sledding for sure. My boondockers came in pristine condition.

1 person likes this.
  10. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Return them. Should have never been sold to you.

1 person likes this.
  11. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Completely unacceptable. The increasing frequency of poor QC is disconcerting.

2 people like this.
  12. rex555

rex555 Well-Known Member

Oh really. Of all the boots sold and all the complaints heard here, this is really disconcerting? Really tough crowd to please. Just saying

13. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Quote:
    I'm just going to re-iterate what skeptical jesus has already said about the blue/purple pair that was posted recently.

These kinds of errors go beyond someone complaining about loose grain creasing on a CXL boot. That nail in the heel is obviously messed up. Those black stains on the heels don't belong on a new boot. Even a 5 year old child could point out these mistakes. So whoever is QCing these boots is either grossly incompetent, or decided that these boots were "good enough" to be sold for $700. Both scenarios are what I would consider disconcerting.

4 people like this.
  14. skeptical jesus

skeptical jesus Senior member

15. meso

meso Senior member

Return em. next

16. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Senior member

After years of lusting over Vibergs, I'm pretty damn disappointed!
    I sent Mr. Porter & Viberg an email. In my opinion, both parties dropped the ball sending me these. I understand that these are handmade, but I've got 5 pairs of Red Wings, 3 Aldens, and 1 AE and have never seen anything even remotely close to this. Hell, one of the Red Wings are 1907 factory 2nds thats only defect is a mild creasing on the moc toe! There are pencil lines like the one I photo'd all over both boots like it was a mad dash to get them out and I'm concerned they were lap-over reference points that were missed when sewing. Dropping this amount of $ I was expecting to be in awe....though I do still love the design and would love to find something similar if anyone has suggestions

17. titsmcgee852

titsmcgee852 Senior member

For $700+? Hardly

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mistakes occur in every facet and industry of manufacturing. It's how these issues are dealt with that set the great companies apart. I would suggest we see the resolution before jumping to any mass conclusions

1 person likes this.
  19. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

I don't think there is any doubt that Viberg will make things right. I think the point skeptical jesus and I are trying to make is that even the most basic of QC inspections should have prevented his pair from ever leaving the factory in the first place and save the buyer this disappointment and frankly unnecessary hassle of getting an exchange/refund.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

As rydenfan mentioned how they handle it determines a lot. If they are so overwhelmed that customer service turns bad too, then you have a problem...I buy a lot of AE and believe me I know what quality control issues can be, however AE bends over backwards to make things right and gives us perks like waived gmto fees and reasonable mto fees.

Nothing replaces the disappointment of getting your first pair damaged but great customer service will make it right and keep you as a customer.

I have worked in QC and full filment in the past and things get bye sometimes...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014