1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Epaulet or Rancourt

2. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Also, anyone know if there are any retailers carrying Viberg oxfords right now?

[edit: other than the ripple sole.]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  3. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

I've bought 3 belts from One Star Leather Goods on Etsy over the past few years, and just bought a fourth a few minutes ago. Best I've found so far. I prefer the 1.5" widths and can vouch for the natural CXL and black leathers.

4. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Thanks, just checked them out and they look great. Also a nice shell wallet, but would have to dip into my daughter's college fund for that. But the belts are very reasonable.

5. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Ah yes, Rancourt has some really nice ones too! Sorry to turn this briefly into a belt thread, but thanks for this feedback. Very helpful.

6. westie187

westie187 Senior member

I am not much of a fashion guy, but I do think the natural belt would pick up the natural midsole nicely...

Now, slightly off topic question:  Can you recommend a good place to get a natural or brown(ish) CXL belt?
    [/quote

Hollows leather makes a great natural CXL belt.

7. Seacrest

Seacrest Well-Known Member

For any of you that missed out on a 8 or 9 in the grey snuff suede, looks like BCC just got some in.

8. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Yeah, I got my black belt from hollows and like it a lot. But I sent him an email a couple weeks ago about getting a brown one and I haven't heard back. But looks like some nice options around.

9. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Hollows does far and away the best work out of the popular US leatherworkers that I've seen in the same aesthetic.

10. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I received the Mohawk General Store boots today (in dust black). I'm thoroughly impressed and find them to be amazing, though one detail is bothering me: these don't have any grommets at all. I was under the impression that "blind eyelets" meant the metal was visible only from the inside. At least that is how Viberg defines it on the stuff they sell on their site (for example, the tan horsehide boot is listed as having "blind eyelets" and it definitely has grommets in there).

I know this is a small point but at this price I expect accuracy in providing specs. Can anyone comment on potential durability problems? I have no reason other than instinct to believe that no metal reinforcement means the leather could eventually tear. I'm honestly debating returning them because of this...

[​IMG]

11. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

They only started doing the blind eyelets with the grommets on the tan horsehide. Those boots came out before the tan horsehide. The navy shell service boots didn't have the grommets on the inside either and I haven't had any issues. My Alden AF53s have blind eyelets without the grommets on the inside and they haven't had any issues either.

12. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Thanks a lot for the reply! I definitely want reasons to keep them :)

13. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

No problem. Your boots look great by the way!

14. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Anyone that's on the leffot service boot preorder - what is the expected delivery date? Thank you in advance.

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I am on a leffot pre-order and I thought they said mid January originally but that may have changed.

16. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

17. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

I think the black dust is lined which will have added reinforcement. Plus, think of how much force there is on the holes on a belt, they may stretch a little but they won't tear.

18. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I would definitely wear them hard (by that I mean frequently but in a city setting). I am a bit worried about long term durability, though on the other hand I also think you'd have to be pretty rough when lacing to really cause damage. I'm 90% sure I'll keep them though maybe I'll shoot an email to Guy and see what he says. I'm sure he won't say "yea man, they won't last that long."

19. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Thanks kahuna.

20. meso

meso Senior member

To OP:
    Eyelets are easy to add, either by yourself or a local repair place.
    Eyelets add to durability but I also prefer them because they are (to my eye) more casual.