• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'd be surprised to learn that Viberg would suggest anything but the best treatment for their boots...

+1. Or Horween for that matter.

Viberg advertises that they include a small container of VSC or Viberg Leather Preservative.with each pair of their boots. I received a small container of VSC with my pair of Viberg boots.

Last edited:

SilverKing

Reaction score
Hello all you Viberg-heads. Finally bit the bullet and joined. Another reason is I have a few things I want to get rid of in the marketplace.

I don't see many 310 lasts available online. In fact, I scoured through all of the Viberg retailers. Only one carried them, IIRC, and they were priced quite a bit more than what Iron Heart has been charging (750 USD).

Now, this is my favorite last. What do you guys think is the possibility to get a styleforum batch of some design in 310?

Take care, all.

Joona

Reaction score
I don't think you'll ever find again Viberg's within EU in the price range IH sold them (unless they end up in sale).

Places to look at: kentaurus, van Afferden, vater und sohn, volls.

VMC and 14 oz berlin have atleast had boots on the 310 last so you might want to check those too.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all you Viberg-heads. Finally bit the bullet and joined. Another reason is I have a few things I want to get rid of in the marketplace.

I don't see many 310 lasts available online. In fact, I scoured through all of the Viberg retailers. Only one carried them, IIRC, and they were priced quite a bit more than what Iron Heart has been charging (750 USD).

Now, this is my favorite last. What do you guys think is the possibility to get a styleforum batch of some design in 310?

Take care, all.

Looks like there is still some at Kentaurus, including these beauties:

though the euro/dollar conversion will hurt...

http://www.kentaurus.de/produkte/schuhe/page.html

westie187

Reaction score
...and they have size 12s. God help me.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Euro prices include VAT. So take somewhere on the order of 20% off the price (either they'll do it automatically, or they'll send you a Global Blue form to mail back in) and you'll get them for a bit closer to US prices. And no customs on the boots being sent to the US, because it's only country of origin that matters, which is still Canada.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I hear ya @westie187 . It's only with great exertion of willpower that I have resisted ordering a pair of these myself.

That and the fact that they don't have E widths...

Last edited:

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I hear ya @westie187 . It's only with great exertion of willpower that I have resisted ordering a pair of these myself.

That and the fact that they don't have E widths...
http://viberg.com/pages/2030
"The 2030 is a single E width and is based on a Canadian Military Officer's last."

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://viberg.com/pages/2030
"The 2030 is a single E width and is based on a Canadian Military Officer's last."

The Kentaurus boot above is on the 310 last though, which Viberg makes in both D and E widths. I've tried them on and realize that I am a 9.5E in that last.

This paragraph on the 2030 is interesting though: It says it is a default E width, but then it also says that those with a wider forefoot should order a half size larger than their other boots. Doesn't seem to jibe.

climbinglife

Reaction score
My 310 lasted Service Boots were MTO's when Viberg still did them. My favorite style last from them by a mile. Love the look

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am being severely tempted by the Navy Latigo at Brooklyn clothing. I like the matte finish.

westie187

Reaction score
I am being severely tempted by the Navy Latigo at Brooklyn clothing. I like the matte finish.

I love mine- bought from Viberg about two years ago, when they still did MTOs

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads