• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 2 best things I ever got from Canada

1. My wife
2. These shell boots

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Daaaaaaaam, Sazon! Congrats!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@capsicum I just spoke to BCC and the sizes listed online are in fact the sizes on the boot. If you're a 9 in Viberg, order a 9, etc.

That seems to differ from what I was told on Instagram...

Aviv

Reaction score

That seems to differ from what I was told on Instagram...

They gave you sizing advice. I was talking about something different: the size you choose when ordering online is the size printed on the boot itself.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents. When I missed out on the Bourbon Shell Blitz I told myself, no big deal. But now that I see in person how these turned out, whoever got in on that order is one lucky SOB.

No wife pics, but thinking back 11 years, I think it was cheaper to do all of her immigration paperwork/fees than it was to secure these boots. D'OH !

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thanks gents. When I missed out on the Bourbon Shell Blitz I told myself, no big deal. But now that I see in person how these turned out, whoever got in on that order is one lucky SOB.

No wife pics, but thinking back 11 years, I think it was cheaper to do all of her immigration paperwork/fees than it was to secure these boots. D'OH !

We'll just have to take your word for it that the order is 1.Wife and 2.Boots, then... :D

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sizing issue is common with Viberg. Every brand uses Vibergs printed size without fail, and either labels them US or UK depending on their opinion. The problem is that some people see US as sneaker rather than dress shoe sizing. If you go from a 10 sneaker to a Viberg you will likely want to size a full size down, and many brands don't realize that UK sizing is actually a full size further down.

Regardless Viberg considers their sizes as US for certain. And no retailer has modified the labeled size.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

The sizing issue is common with Viberg. Every brand uses Vibergs printed size without fail, and either labels them US or UK depending on their opinion. The problem is that some people see US as sneaker rather than dress shoe sizing. If you go from a 10 sneaker to a Viberg you will likely want to size a full size down, and many brands don't realize that UK sizing is actually a full size further down.

Regardless Viberg considers their sizes as US for certain. And no retailer has modified the labeled size.

Really?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, congrats to Sazon because those boots are awesome!

Second, the sizing is no different than say the Barrie last. It is commonly accepted that the printed size on Barrie is around .5 smaller than the actual shoe fits. Viberg is just the same, you see the size that is posted and and understand they will fit at least .5 size bigger depending on the last.

Ex: Barrie 7.5D = 8D brannock (roughly)
Viberg 2030 7D = 7.75D brannock (from my experience)

It's not as simple as just that but you get what I mean, they both run large compared to their printed sizes.

Last edited:

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right, the aspect I'm talking about isn't the "our shoes run a size big" it's that some Viberg stockists say that they are selling 10UK, and another will say 10US, and yet another will just say 10. All of those are the exact same boot, being labeled by Viberg as a 10, but it confuses customers who will have bought one Viberg in size 10US, and worry about whether they should buy another (same last) in a 10UK or a 9UK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads