• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raneleigh

Reaction score

Thanks for the input.  Do you take the same size in the 1035 as the 2030?  Same size in the 1035 as the 110?

I have 2030 and 2045 service boots and think I am coming to the conclusion I could have sized down 1/2 for the 2045 from my 2030 size.  So wondering about the 1035 and the 110...

Yes, I'm the same size across the board. Not sure why, but I seem to be in the minority in that regard. Most seem to size up or down 1/2 based on various lasts. But I am consistently a 9.5 and it just works for me. Having said that, I can wear a half size down on the 110 and it's fine, but my toe is right at the tip and it's not as good even though it works.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm the same size across the board. Not sure why, but I seem to be in the minority in that regard. Most seem to size up or down 1/2 based on various lasts. But I am consistently a 9.5 and it just works for me. Having said that, I can wear a half size down on the 110 and it's fine, but my toe is right at the tip and it's not as good even though it works.

Thanks again for the input. Just wanting to be prepared in case something interesting comes up. Always need to be ready to act quickly!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ditto here. I'm a 10 barrie and bought a 9.5 in the 110 last... I think I'd go up to 10 if I bought it again, even though after breaking in it's a decent fit. A little tight on the vamp and like you said a little short. I am really more of an E width so tend to size for width and come up a little short in length so I can get away with it.

Last edited:

Capsicum

Reaction score
Managed to score these 110 Boondockers from the sample sale. These are my grail, I never thought I'd get these in the 110. Ironically, I had just received my 1035 Boondockers from Superdenim. They make a nice pair, what do you guys think?

So the left is 110 last and right is 1035 last, right?

And would someone tell me the difference between 110 and 1035 last, seems like these two lasts are pretty similar in pics, thx.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
So the left is 110 last and right is 1035 last, right?

And would someone tell me the difference between 110 and 1035 last, seems like these two lasts are pretty similar in pics, thx.
Correct...left side is 110, right side is 1035. The differences between them are much more apparent in real life than in the photos. Shape is similar, though slightly different. Toe box height is very different. The 110 last is higher, the 1035 more of a low profile. The analogy I gave of the 1035 being more like a Clark's desert boot in profile and the 110 being more like a chunky work boot pretty much describes it. I will try to post some more pics to better illustrate later.

westie187

Reaction score
Managed to score these 110 Boondockers from the sample sale. These are my grail, I never thought I'd get these in the 110. Ironically, I had just received my 1035 Boondockers from Superdenim. They make a nice pair, what do you guys think?

What I think is that I should have bought these from Viberg instead of my OSB roughouts.... great looking boots!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do you think you will tire of having two of the same boot?

Raneleigh

Reaction score
do you think you will tire of having two of the same boot?
I can't imagine that ever being the case. I'm notorious for buying doubles of things that I love. Especially if the chances of getting another pair down the road is scarce. Anyone else ever buy doubles of things?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't imagine that ever being the case. I'm notorious for buying doubles of things that I love. Especially if the chances of getting another pair down the road is scarce. Anyone else ever buy doubles of things?
I am in a polygamous relationship with my wife and her sister

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^ Get out of my head, Ryden. My reply was going to be "Just wives".

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i guess i could see myself doing the same thing. atleast the two boots arent identical. atleast not to viberg peeps in the know.

do you plan on spraying the boots with water repellant. that might also darken them

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

:foo:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads