• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tan french calf service boots from the sample sale. 2030, partially structured toe, 7 eyelets, dainite. My first vibergs, and so far I'm digging them. No blemishes, scrapes or other errors to make it seem like they were seconds. Instead, it seems to be a makeup they didn't pursue and instead went to production on two different colors of calf.
Is that a Fender Jazz in the background..? It'll look good with the boots.

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
Is that a Fender Jazz in the background..? It'll look good with the boots.
5 string jazz deluxe
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
had it since high school, but don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like anymore.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've actually switched them out for some dark green flat waxed laces, but I might switch back. Also considering getting black/natural rawhide to put in there, too.
Waxed laces most definitely. They are not converse all-stars.

flaudia402

Reaction score
Yeah, those white laces are a no-go. They look awful. I won't lie - when I first saw them with the white laces, I thought the color looked horrendous. My doubts were cast when you changed out the laces. Amazing what a different pair will do to the overall aesthetic of the shoe.

Looks much better! Enjoy them in health!

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
Yeah, those white laces are a no-go. They look awful. I won't lie - when I first saw them with the white laces, I thought the color looked horrendous. My doubts were cast when you changed out the laces. Amazing what a different pair will do to the overall aesthetic of the shoe.

Looks much better! Enjoy them in health!

Yeah, you know, I honestly wasn't sure myself at first. I grabbed them from the sample sale on an impulse, figuring I could sell them at cost if I didn't like them. The color definitely has an old-timey basketball/football vibe, which those chunky white cotton laces really, really play up.

The darker laces are so much more refined and really do change the perception of the boot a lot. I think some light brown flat kangaroo laces might look cool, or maybe rawhide. I just had these waxed green laces lying around, so they're in there now. They're dark enough to read as black unless you really look, and I agree, they really improve the overall aesthetic quite a bit.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:nodding:

is AoC doing this boot? Asked them about it and they only have the shoe version pre-order

I think J Gilbert. AOC should be able to answer for them but might be worth checking directly

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Managed to score these 110 Boondockers from the sample sale. These are my grail, I never thought I'd get these in the 110. Ironically, I had just received my 1035 Boondockers from Superdenim. They make a nice pair, what do you guys think?

westie187

Reaction score
Beautiful boots! Enjoy.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Raneleigh , how do you like the 1035 last? Impressions?

Raneleigh

Reaction score

@Raneleigh
, how do you like the 1035 last?  Impressions?

I like it way better than the 2030 last in that it's not as pointy and there is more room in the toe box which I find much more comfortable, but it still has a very low profile which I have mixed feelings about in a boot. To put it another way, the 1035 reminds me of a heavier Clark's desert boot and the 110 is much more of a regular work boot to me, which I prefer overall. They both have a nice shape though and are my favorites of all the lasts.

onaujee

Reaction score
If anyone has a preorder for the Brandy in a 8.5-9 that they no longer need, PM me
smile.gif

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it way better than the 2030 last in that it's not as pointy and there is more room in the toe box which I find much more comfortable, but it still has a very low profile which I have mixed feelings about in a boot. To put it another way, the 1035 reminds me of a heavier Clark's desert boot and the 110 is much more of a regular work boot to me, which I prefer overall. They both have a nice shape though and are my favorites of all the lasts.

Thanks for the input. Do you take the same size in the 1035 as the 2030? Same size in the 1035 as the 110?

I have 2030 and 2045 service boots and think I am coming to the conclusion I could have sized down 1/2 for the 2045 from my 2030 size. So wondering about the 1035 and the 110...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads