• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tadite

Reaction score

How does the payment work? Can you give a deposit or do you have to pay the full amount up front? Thanks...

Full amount. Up front. Paypal and I got my pair within the week.

echoes

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure (at least now) they're willing to do half up front, and half once the boot is completed. And last I heard, turnaround time was around 12 weeks, but with the increasing popularity, may very well become longer.

Brattman

Reaction score

Hi Brattman,

How did you size on the hikers in comparison to the usual suspects like White's, RW, Alden etc.... If you don't mind please? Really hard trying to find Hiker last info online.

I had my hikers made on the 2030 last, in which I take a size 9. I would take a 9.5 in Redwing boots.

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had my hikers made on the 2030 last, in which I take a size 9. I would take a 9.5 in Redwing boots.

Brattman,

Thx for posting this. I'm after the 2030 last myself (but on the service boot), and take a 9.5 in RW as well (Heritage moc toes). If you dont mind me asking, what size are you in Converse All Stars?

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoah! No custom orders through retailers? Ouch, the folks at Inventory treated me very well and helped out quite a bit while I was there. I would have liked to give them my business. They represent Viberg extremely well.

Brattman

Reaction score

Brattman,

Thx for posting this. I'm after the 2030 last myself (but on the service boot), and take a 9.5 in RW as well (Heritage moc toes). If you dont mind me asking, what size are you in Converse All Stars?

I take a 10 in Converse.

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score

Whats the lead time, still 2x weeks?

It's about 12-16 weeks. It can vary depending on what you want and what orders are moving through the factory at the same time, but that's a good estimate.

How does the payment work? Can you give a deposit or do you have to pay the full amount up front? Thanks...

50% down and the remainder upon completion is fine for custom orders.

They take Paypal now?

We've been using Paypal as the sole method of payment for this sample sale and will be offering it as an option for custom orders in the near future as well.

Whoah!  No custom orders through retailers?  Ouch, the folks at Inventory treated me very well and helped out quite a bit while I was there.  I would have liked to give them my business.  They represent Viberg extremely well.

It really has nothing to do with how they represent us. We hope all of our stockists do that well! You will still be able to give them your business with their special make ups for the Stockroom. Individual custom orders, even when they go smoothly, are a ton of work on our end and adding in a third voice (a retailer in this case) usually only complicates things. Another issue is no retailer could possibly keep up with what we have in stock as far as leather, soles, etc. as it's literally changing day day to day. There is also a lack of accountability if an order doesn't turn out as a customer expects or if some detail is lost in translation. I've been on every side of this process now and this is really the only way it makes sense for us to continue to be able to offer a custom service at all.

On anther note, we'll be making a new thread tomorrow for part 3 and the old one will be locked. Just a heads up if anyone had the original bookmarked or anything.

SLAB

Reaction score
will the new thread be made at the moment of posting the new boots or will it be available before? I don't want to miss out again this time because I can't locate the new thread

Kwaker

Reaction score

will the new thread be made at the moment of posting the new boots or will it be available before? I don't want to miss out again this time because I can't locate the new thread

that's also what happened to me

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's about 12-16 weeks. It can vary depending on what you want and what orders are moving through the factory at the same time, but that's a good estimate.

Sounds reasonable, may have to start thinking about have a pair made again, the old "rumored" 23-25 weeks scared me a little.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads