• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally made it down to Brooklyn Clothing to check out Viberg in person and see about sizing. From the pairs they had I was told all were on the 2030 last except for one which I believe was on the 2045. They do not carry any half sizes, which was unfortunate because it seems like 7.5 could be the magic size on the 2030 for me. The 8 was just too big overall and the 7 was debatable, the last felt pretty good all around and was a snug fit. Without some carpet time it would be tough to tell how the 7 would feel on my toes after some walking.

Size 8 snuff suede: This boot was seriously amazing in person, the suede was buttery soft and felt super comfortable right away when tried them on. I think this would be my fav of the bunch, but I am not sure now if I would prefer the Boondocker on the 2030 or these. Plus I think I would be best in a 7.5

Size 7 #8 CXL: I prefer the brown CXL but they only had size 9+ available so this was more to see if the size worked. The boot was stiff and kind of tough to get in but once it they fit prettywell, again it is tough to tell without some walking time how it would feel on my toes. 7 might be perfect once it stretches a bit but without having the 7.5 to try it would be hard to make a decision.
These seemed pointer compared to the other two pairs I tried on even though he said they were all on the 2030.

Size 7 mystery leather (I think someone here mentioned what it was): This leather was pretty stiff but I think it would break in quite nice over time. Seemed a bit dryer compared to CXL but the color was a nice true brown compared to the CXL brown which leans a bit red. This make-up with exposed eyelets would be unreal imo, not sure I liked the blind eyelets.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! They didn't have the black french calf with 10 eyelets?

A shame they don't carry half sizes.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! They didn't have the black french calf with 10 eyelets?

A shame they don't carry half sizes.

They had everything I posted before but I only tried on the few I was interested in. I will say the Navy Latigo leather was really nice in person but not my style.

Here are pics of what's available at Brooklyn here in Calgary.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
excellent that you got over there. I would guess with a pretty high degree of certainty that 7.5 on 2030 would work best for you. Glad you were pleased with the quality in person. I love the fit of the 2030

Engineer05

Reaction score
Welp, I received my nappa suede chukkas yesterday, and the 8 fits nicely. For reference, I'm a 9D/E Brannock, 8.5 RW, 8.5 W1k. My feet are somewhat wide, so the 110 last feels comfortable - just enough wiggle room in the toe box. I was surprised by the leather - it's actually roughout, but with a very low nap, and it's quite thick, compared to split and lined suede.

Anyways, I'll take some pictures and post a thorough review as soon as I'm able to. I just wanted to say that I'm very pleased with my first pair of Vibergs.

Last edited:

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scotchgrain shell is a grail for me (which Tif knows).
Whether it is Viberg or another manufacturer.
When I saw @stevent
 post them on Instagram, I commented immediately.

I briefly had the similar boot with 10 eyelets. Really nice, though I think I would have liked them lined.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
excellent that you got over there. I would guess with a pretty high degree of certainty that 7.5 on 2030 would work best for you. Glad you were pleased with the quality in person. I love the fit of the 2030

Yeah I think so too. Sort of seems like a 7.5 could be close to 7.5 Barrie but with more width at the toe, which would be ideal for me. The 2030 is a really great shape, I will be adding something from Viberg eventually. I think the 2030 Boondocker is my grail Viberg at the moment, hopefully a preorder will pop up eventually.

I think I may have left with the snuff suede if they carried half sizes, I was really impressed with that one.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I think so too. Sort of seems like a 7.5 could be close to 7.5 Barrie but with more width at the toe, which would be ideal for me. The 2030 is a really great shape, I will be adding something from Viberg eventually. I think the 2030 Boondocker is my grail Viberg at the moment, hopefully a preorder will pop up eventually.

I think I may have left with the snuff suede if they carried half sizes, I was really impressed with that one.

Which were the boots on the 2045 last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads