1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. seer

seer Senior member

You too...

2. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

Hey everyone,

My apologies for the short notice, but we will not be posting another round of sale boots today. We're working on a few different projects simultaneously at the moment (we'll have an exciting announcement later today) and we did not have a chance to shoot the next batch yet. I'm going to try to get them done today, in which case i can put them up tomorrow, but i'll confirm here and on our Twitter account later today.

3. Finn666

Finn666 Well-Known Member

thanks for the info Guy!
    looking forward to that exciting announcement today and the sale tomorrow then ;)

4. Finn666

sry for double post!...

- please delete!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  5. qubed

qubed Well-Known Member

Bah, tracking for my boots have been "Item on hold at postal facility to verify address of recipient" since 5/27. Anyone else have this issue?

6. Finn666

just saw this on FaceBook.com...maybe guy can add a little more info!?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  7. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

[​IMG]

Viberg Boot is excited to announce our first ever pop-up shop, taking place at Chapter & Verse Agency in New York’s Lower East Side from June 15-18. Come shop a selection of exclusive styles or get fitted on site for a custom pair of boots. This is the largest range of Viberg product that has ever been made available and is a unique opportunity to become acquainted with our brand. We will also be hosting a party to celebrate the official launch of viberg.com (details to follow).

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

That is awesome!!

Too bad it is the weekend after I am in NYC :(

9. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Anyone tree their boots? Any suggestions for trees?

10. seer

seer Senior member

Never! Only Nancy Boys tree their boots!

11. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Guess that does in a way answer my question..

12. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I'm a nancy boy who puts trees in all my Vibergs. I'm often on my feet for a lot of the day and can get pretty sweaty down there, so I use shoe trees to absorb the moisture and extend the life of the boot. I just use really cheap ones purchased from Nordstrom Rack. They're made by Woodlore and cost around $10-15.

13. sellran

sellran Senior member

Out and proud nancy boy here. Always tree boots I've worn all day.

14. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

No trees in workboots!!

15. echoes

echoes Active Member

shoe trees are awesome.

16. seer

seer Senior member

Hehe, only joking guys! I personally don't use trees any more. But it is a matter of personal preference.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  17. sellran

sellran Senior member

Unscientific experiment but I often buy my partner the same boots as I get for myself. He never uses trees. My boots last a lot longer than his (a lot longer). I think that as I put the trees in I also notice if there's salt or other things on them and brush them off quickly if they need it. I just made him throw some work shoes and boots away (including one cordovan pair.... ravello) because they looked worse than the shoes the homeless people I work with wear.

18. sellran

sellran Senior member

And now that I think about it..... I probably use trees because I know how much the shoes/boots cost. No more free boots for my partner.

19. echoes

echoes Active Member

wondering when we'll know if the sale is happening today..? noon PST is in 5 hours right? so seems unlikely..?

20. seer

seer Senior member

I have had boots, old Filson, Red Wing, or Hermans that I wore for years with heavy abuse - they never went bad on me. I did keep them very clean and oiled - and let them air our when I could. But working construction at that time I would often wear the same boot 6 days in a row - months, or years, on end - especially my old Herman Survivors.