1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

I made that photo after I proposed that makeup. I know what they look like.

I was just wondering if perhaps there was an eyelet maybe on the other side of the leather, maybe one sandwiched inbetween the stitched leather to give the soft calf some support against the pulling of laces.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

3. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

4. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

Originally, Viberg did not do eyelets on the inside for blind eyelets, but they've improved the process and now they insert eyelets on the inside. You can see the eyelet on the inside in this pic:

[​IMG]

5. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

Anyone know who BCC ships with? I got a tracking number (WHOOT!) but I don't know where to cut and paste it.

6. Understatesman

Thanks Diabolical, 'twas what I figured...

7. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

Where are you located and what does the tracking number look like? If you're in the Canada and it's numeric, then Canada Post, if it looks like CX ### ### ### CA, then it's Canada Post, but you can also track through USPS.

8. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Senior member

Wow. Those are straight up CRACK. I'd spring for those tonight if I could.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Wow, those smoke grey kudu boots are off the chain, dawg! I will likely participate in the next run. All you lucky owners, please post IRL pics.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks. I wash pushing you hard to get you to order...I bet they get made again

12. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Yeah, I know, but I had way too many purchases going on at the time. Things are hopefully slowing down now so I can be more selective. But I really need to stick to my goal, which is --- one pair in, one pair out. As it is, my boots will never look worn in, no patina, etc. Some boots just need to be worn hard, kind of like how I did with those brown waxed flesh GMTOs that you were on as well. I'm looking forward to your pics!

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

For now, get in on the natural cxl boots we will be doing, or the tan Bison scout boot on a mini ripe sole that I designed. Or the Cabourn tribute boot.

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Guidi calf boots arrived from BBC this morning.

[​IMG]

Some observations:
    - The calf leather seems quite a bit darker than the first run that BBC did, with more gloss and less matte-like.
    - The box doesn't say "brown Guidi calf" as in the last run; now shows "olive calf". Wonder if it's not Guidi anymore?
    - The calf has a very soft and supple hand. Very, very nice. I predict they will break in very nicely and quickly.
    - At first glance, it might resemble natural CXL that's got some patina on it. But this leather has got some depth and complexity to it that's very attractive.
    - I don't think these boots are for those that are crease-phobic, as there's much more grain and creasing to this leather. My limited experience is that I've seen this more often in some Italian leathers. However, the matte black Guidi calf boots I got recently are hardly wrinkling at all after about 10 wears.
    - The discussion about eyelets recently was interesting. These boots have 10 eyelets but they are NOT reinforced. I.e., there are no blind eyelets. Somewhat disappointed but not terribly concerned at the moment. The 8-eyelet matte black boots ARE reinforced with blind eyelets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Experimented with two types of lacing. The bar lacing really doesn't work with these boots.

I really like the looks of the 10 eyelets but it sure makes lacing up the boots more of a pain.

2 people like this.
  15. sazon

sazon Senior member

Wow, these are just too nice. What does Viberg call that color?

16. Understatesman

Holy smokes am I glad I got in on these! They look GREAT!

17. westie187

westie187 Senior member

18. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

I wonder if they count Saturday?

19. westie187

westie187 Senior member

20. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Both, nat CXL derbies and grey Kudu are insane.

@LA Guy let's try to reorder CXL derbies soon!