• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F it got the scotch grain shell, need a black boot anyways

Anyone know what original retail was on it?
SS14_15_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stevent, that was the one boot I was eyeballing. If it wasn't $800 I would have been all over it. Nice grab!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
trying to decide on grey rough out chukka with red sole, think I will pass though

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some boots are much more discounted off retail than others; some boots don't have a direct mapping to a stock product.

The indigo-dipped service boot looked like Guidi calf skin; it was $700, whereas retail for service boots is around $710. That means this boot is well over 800 if brought to retail.

The shell corodovan service boots were around $1000...retail shell service boots have been around $1,100.

Can't be more than $100-200 off retail.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stevent, that was the one boot I was eyeballing. If it wasn't $800 I would have been all over it. Nice grab!

Thanks, figure my french calf was already that cost... do you know if it's horween or japanese?

thanks, tiny savings then haha

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, figure my french calf was already that cost... do you know if it's horween or japanese?
thanks, tiny savings then haha

I briefly had a pair of the black scotch grains like these that they offered a year ago, and it was Horween. Pretty sure these will be too...

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should have bought those damn things from you when I had the chance, linafelt!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should have bought those damn things from you when I had the chance, linafelt!

No those were the black horsehides that I was selling, 310s -- but yes, you should have bought them! They were even nicer than these scotch grain shells.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads