1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. vettemike

vettemike Senior member

Some derby love from the VIberg blog.

Are these the StyleForum special make-ups we're waiting for?

[ATTACHMENT=9691]vibergplaintoederbybluchertan.jpg (265k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=9692]vibergplaintoederbydarkbrownunfinished.jpg (254k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=9693]vibergplaintoederbydarkbrownunfinished2.jpg (295k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

2. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

I believe not. These are ours:

http://instagram.com/p/sBPZnSLpmX/?modal=true

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Those are the natural cxl derbies. We also have some brown CXL derbies coming in. Yeah, those have been a while.... the reason that I've been holding off doing a new round. I want to get the backorders fulfilled before we get onto the next thing. The next thig will be awesome though.

4. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

So I was doodling around and came across these Viberg's in black french calf on Ebay. I want some! A little research shows they were made for a Brooklyn Clothing Co. But I'm not seeing anything on their site to purchase, much less list their inventory. How would I go about it?

The Ebay shoes in question (which I would snag but I'm a size 8, not 9:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viberg-Blac...574815289?pt=AU_Men_Shoes&hash=item3ce712ee39

5. intensanity

Ah, apologies! Thanks for the clarification.

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

http://brooklynclothingco.bigcartel.com/products

But looks like they're out of size 8. Give them a call, because I know they're working with Viberg to restock some of their makeups.

7. Seacrest

Seacrest Well-Known Member

Restock coming soon they said. The Navy latigo is amazing though, debating on a pair of those.

8. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

Thanks! I did end up emailing them and they sent me the link as well, saying they'd be restocking soon.

Now, I already own the 3Sixteen collab boots — very similar. But what I've found is I just don't prefer CXL leather in this boot. I don't really have a problem with it, but it does reveal the natural brownish undertones when the superficial black is rubbed or scraped. It's a neat look, don't get me wrong. But I just prefer the implied class calfskin provides. Looking at those Ebay boots, it breaks in nicely, with soft appearing rolls over the toebox. The CXL, apart from easily scratching, is a very heavy and very hard leather to soften up being as thick as it is.

9. intensanity

So, the only way to get a Waxed Flesh boot is to probably go to Canada myself, right?

Maybe just get a pair of boondockers and wax them myself?

10. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

Have you waxed constructed leather boots before? I am interested on how you would do it. I'm wondering if there are special precautions.

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Not that I plan to do it, but I'm also curious about how one goes about waxing flesh/suede type leather. What type of wax, etc.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  12. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

I waxed my Viberg boondockers a while back, very happy with how they turned out.

I used wax supplied by Viberg, I think a good grease would work just as well.

Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ That is some nice work.

14. Charlie92

Charlie92 Active Member

Beautiful job. I'd love it if you'd keep us updated on how they are aging.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  15. brandall10

brandall10 Senior member

To my Brandy brethren - Sept. is almost upon us, anyone hear anything? Just shot off a note to Guy.

To say I'm excited is an understatement.

16. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Will do Charlie, can post a few more pics this weekend if the sun comes out, they've aged quite a bit since I took those photos!

17. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

I like original beige colour better though.

1 person likes this.
  18. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

You did a great job on those. The "after" looks just how I'd like my waxed flesh boots to look when they get some more wear.

I've got a few pairs of roughout/suede boots so I might try that on a pair. Was the wax Viberg provided a neutral wax? And it was a wax, right? Not a cream?

19. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Thanks mate. Yes it was neutral wax, and indeed it was wax (seemed like beeswax to me, in terms of texture and consistency, all gone now!).

Edit: A good 'just before waxing' shot:
    Here are my Viberg boondockers (their first release on the 110 last), a few weeks of wear, just before I waxed 'em:
    [​IMG]

Here's some fresh pics after quite a lot of walking yesterday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Senior member