• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to make sure I put fresh batteries in my mouse and keyboard...I don't want any glitches come 9am on the 16th...

You're east coast, right? Should be 3 pm EST (they said 12 pm PST).

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
I'm showing my lack of knowledge here--what does the Ithside sole look like, and how does it compare to Dainite?
It LOOKS nearly identical to Danite; however, quality is not up to par. There are too many issues with Ithside's studs chipping almost immediately out of the box to be even close to the quality of Danite.

Reaction score
It LOOKS nearly identical to Danite; however, quality is not up to par. There are too many issues with Ithside's studs chipping almost immediately out of the box to be even close to the quality of Danite.

Hm. I'm guessing that on the preorder page, they'll state whether the sole is Dainite--and crossing my fingers that it WILL be Dainite. Probably would skip them if it ends up being Ithside, based on your comment.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's already out. We all have ours already.
Damn, you missed out? They were sold out in about 5 minutes. I'm looking forward to mine.
Last I read, June was the release date for the preorder. It is early yet.
thanks guys. color reminds me of AE walnut. brownish whiskey color

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

You're east coast, right? Should be 3 pm EST (they said 12 pm PST).

Lol. Good call. I went the wrong way. Haha. At least I would have been early! :rotflmao:

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
Hm. I'm guessing that on the preorder page, they'll state whether the sole is Dainite--and crossing my fingers that it WILL be Dainite. Probably would skip them if it ends up being Ithside, based on your comment.
Every component of the boot is important to consider. Especially when you'll likely be paying $1,250 for these boots. Brett Viberg posted a pic a few months back with details about the brand shell make-up, but I don't recall which sole he stated would be used. I'd go look at his Instagram acct, but he deleted the acct (or made it private?) a few weeks ago. All three Viberg boots I own have Danite soles and they've all been holding up wonderfully.

Search this thread for "Itshide" and you'll read other people's experience with that sole.

Other thing to do is email Guy over at Viberg and ask him which soles are on the boots. That way you'll know well before the pre-sale.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Pulled this screencap from someone on /r/goodyearwelt. It's from IG. Confirmation that it's a 2030 last with a dainite sole.

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score

Pulled this screencap from someone on /r/goodyearwelt. It's from IG. Confirmation that it's a 2030 last with a dainite sole.
Good find. Everyone can relax their anuses now after I caused a brief unnecessary panic lol

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious if the structured toe collapses over time or how much it adds to the volume of the toe box.

If I can fit the 2030 with my thicker socks and thin foam insole (fits great), will I need to size down a half size on these?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The navy ones were available for a week or two. I am so curious to see how long these are available for

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The navy ones were available for a week or two. I am so curious to see how long these are available for

I think people didn't know what to make of a navy shell and how they'd wear it. After they saw actual pics of them being worn, the oohs and aahs cascaded.

I still hope for a restock of the black shell or black French calf with 10 eyelets.

Pretty sure they said one more shell offering before end of the year.

Is everyone guessing 24 pairs allotted this time? If they sell half sizes, that's 2 pairs per size from 7-12.5

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My guess is 12-15 pairs and owner chooses size like the last round. Given that these are being purchased prior to build there is no reason for them to allocate specific sizes. I really hope so at least...considering I can count at least 5 people in size 8 mulling this over...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads