• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are size 9. I was told the last is the 2050, although that is not marked on the boots as far as I can tell. Not questioning it, just full disclosure. 2050 fits me quite well and the fit on these is very good.
Nice score then!

SilverKast

Reaction score

Drop 2 live.

HB is now Sego tannage. Confused by the Regency Calf CF Stead and Regency Calf Gallun

Ordered the Husk Oiled Pachenas, really love my service boots but wanted to try something a little different.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s up with the black waxed horsebutts?
Well I just don’t care for the leather they used…. I’m more into the stiff not dyed all the way threw veg tan. The black waxed butts are flimsy and struck all the way threw. It’s just a preference thing. So I’m hoping the Sego olive colored butts are more like my Taupe pair then the black waxed hb

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Boot-Shoe Week continues: Brown Waxed Flesh 145 Oxfords on 2030 and mini-ripple…

12753D19-0ACA-4550-BCE6-425313EB8E4A.jpeg

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Well I just don’t care for the leather they used…. I’m more into the stiff not dyed all the way threw veg tan. The black waxed butts are flimsy and struck all the way threw. It’s just a preference thing. So I’m hoping the Sego olive colored butts are more like my Taupe pair then the black waxed hb

Among the many things I've eyed from afar are the the taupe and the black waxed horsebutt makeups. Having not seen the taupe in person, can you kindly characterize your thoughts on what you dig about it, and so what characteristics about the taupe you're hoping to see in the Sego olive?

Boot-Shoe Week continues: Brown Waxed Flesh 145 Oxfords on 2030 and mini-ripple…

View attachment 1837014

Oh, dang! I can see that kind of conversion being favorable to a few pairs in my collection.

Those look great!

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Among the many things I've eyed from afar are the the taupe and the black waxed horsebutt makeups. Having not seen the taupe in person, can you kindly characterize your thoughts on what you dig about it, and so what characteristics about the taupe you're hoping to see in the Sego olive?
I’ve posted many pictures of the Taupe 2030’s in here already. It’s a great makeup…. The leather is very firm and ages beautifully w/fantastic rolls; + I got some shell in my pair. I’m not a wealth of information by any means. I don’t know much about the Sego tannage. I only brought up the black waxed hb comparison because I read that Sego also used waxes and oils iirc. The black waxed hb is a more pliable “flimsy” leather if you will.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads