• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Henry S

Reaction score
I'm about to order a stitchdown construction, Vibram mini ripple boots.

Will I have to send them back to Viberg for a resole? How easy is it to find cobblers in Europe that can resole a stitchdown construction boot?
Recommendations for cobblers in Europe/ England that accept mail-in repairs will be appreciated, or cobblers in Paris as the last resort.

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone is selling a pair of the WF Maryam boots in size 13 EE because the ankle opening is too big. Looking at it, it looks huge - is it always this big on size 13 boots? Or did they increase ankle volume for the EE? I previously reached out to Viberg about this (in 2020), and I was told that only ball width would be changing with the widths, not volume elsewhere.
I believe its a bit bigger on EE 2030s, but it may get exasperated on a 13?

I'm about to order a stitchdown construction, Vibram mini ripple boots.

Will I have to send them back to Viberg for a resole? How easy is it to find cobblers in Europe that can resole a stitchdown construction boot?
Recommendations for cobblers in Europe that can receive shoes via mail will be appreciated, or cobblers in Paris as the last resort.
I'm sure EU based people will have more options, but Schuhgott is kinda famous and works on Vibergs https://www.schuhgott.de/

edit: here's a viberg they did:

drentco

Reaction score
These are sick. Love it, wish they were doing more make ups like this.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are sick. Love it, wish they were doing more make ups like this.
1200$ for a RO steerhide is kinda nuts though. The modified boondocker pattern to have facings that touch is a unique take as well.

drentco

Reaction score
1200$ for a RO steerhide is kinda nuts though. The modified boondocker pattern to have facings that touch is a unique take as well.
Yeah haha what. I didn’t even notice the price, kind of kills it for us NA folks but the make up looks vintage and clean.

Picked up the Kudu RO Herald boots from the archive. Any irl pics in this thread? Is it more ‘grey’? I can never tell how the leather will actually look with Bergs photos.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah haha what. I didn’t even notice the price, kind of kills it for us NA folks but the make up looks vintage and clean.

Picked up the Kudu RO Herald boots from the archive. Any irl pics in this thread? Is it more ‘grey’? I can never tell how the leather will actually look with Bergs photos.
There's a black HB one coming too, which I think is a little more expensive. I am confused why these are priced so high tbh

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zachthespook

Reaction score
Now you understand why Brett so desperately wants to break into the Japanese market. It's like that for western goods in Japan, just like how there is a premium on most japanese goods sold here in the US

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now you understand why Brett so desperately wants to break into the Japanese market. It's like that for western goods in Japan, just like how there is a premium on most japanese goods sold here in the US
The upcharge on the existing Viberg stuff in Japan is only like 10% or so IIRC

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Extra 10% off the archive sale on the .com with code ARCHIVE

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20220704_095443.jpg

Calvados Shell Wholecuts. The 9D equal width wise to the 8.5E, just a smidge longer. Its a real good fit and I'll be ordering a 9D for future 2030s where its offered.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does it compare to 2020 in 8.5 or 9 if youve tried those?
2020 is a tighter waist and has a more tapered toe on the outside, but not inside comparitively

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hwolicsjobs